Chapter Nine

Five years later: year 2023,

Pepper and Tony were sitting in their lake house. Until now, everything has been going great, though Tony was still feeling guilty from the death of his son.

The couple had gotten married after Thanos was killed and they settled down.

Right now, it was nighttime and were both sitting on the couch; Pepper was reading a book, while Tony was just sitting, he didn't have anything to do.

He looked at the walls, they had pictures of himself, Pepper and Peter through out the years.

He looked at one of the pictures, it was during Peter's first birthday with them, it was his 12th birthday.

Pepper noticed how quiet her husband was, and looked at the same picture, smiling as she remembered that day.

She moved herself closer to him, wrapping her arm around him and snuggling closer to him.

"I remember that day, it was the one one of the best days in my life." Tony said, hugging his wife.

Ten years ago: 2013,

Tony and Pepper had been preparing for their new son's birthday for a week now.

They had everything ready, the only thing missing was Peter.

Tony, Pepper and the Avengers were all hiding, they wanted to surprise Peter.

Happy went to Peter's middle school and picked him up.

When they arrived at the penthouse, they found the lights all turned off.

Peter switched on the light and almost had a heart attack from the surprise.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" The avengers yelled, each one coming out of their hiding spots in the living room.

Peter ran over to his dad and hugged him.

He pulled away and looked at everybody,
"Thank you!" He said, he was very happy because he had the best family in the world.

"He was very happy that day." Pepper said.

"Yeah, he was." Tony said, he felt his eyes filling up with tears.

They looked at another picture, it was Peter standing next to Thor during the party when they fought Ultron.

Eight years ago: 2015,

The avengers, and Peter, were all sitting together on the couches, with Thor's hammer on the coffee table infront of them.

"It must be a trick, I don't believe it." Clint said.

Thor was explaining to them how his mighty hammer, Mjolnir, worked.

"Oh, it is not, my dear friend." Thor said.

"The one who lifts the hammer shall possess the power of Thor." The archer said, mocking the god of thunder.

"Well, please, be my guest." Thor said, pointing at the hammer.

"No pressure, Clint, you had a rough week." Tony said.

Clint got up, and walked over to the hammer.

He tried to lift it but it won't budge.

"It must be a trick, man! It's impossible." He said, laughing in defeat.

The avengers then took turns, trying to lift up the mighty weapon, with none of them succeeding, except for Steve, who was able to move it a little bit, but he decided against it because he didn't want to embarrass his friend.