Chapter Six

The next morning, Peter woke up and had breakfast with his parents.

Nobody talked the whole time but you the atmosphere was so thick, that you can cut it with a knife.

They were angry at him, but what crushed Peter more was how disappointed his dad was.

Happy drove Peter to school in complete silence.

Once they arrived, Peter walked into his school and met his best friend.

"What are you going to do now?" Ned asked him.

"I don't know, dude." Peter replied.

During his last period, he went to the bathroom.

On his way back to his class, he met his crush, Liz, and approached her.

"Hey." He said, in a low voice.

"Hi." She replied.

They were standing infront of the shelves that contained all the school's trophies.

"So, who are you going with to homecoming?" Peter asked, trying to break the awkward silence.

"I honestly don't know. I've been busy with the preparation for it that I didn't think about that part. Would you like, maybe, go...with me?"

Peter looked at her shocked, but happy.

"Of-of course, yeah!"

"Good."

"Yeah."

They stood in an awkward silence for a few seconds before Liz spoke again.

"Ok, I have to go. See you later."

"See ya." Peter said, continuing his walk through the hall with a victorious smile blasted on his face.

When he arrived home, he went to his dad, who was in his lab, as usual.

He needed help to prepare for homecoming tonight, and he knew that his dad was his best option, because his mom was at work, and she was very angry at him; while his dad was also angry, but Peter knew he would help him.

"Dad? I need your help." Peter said, entering his father's lab.

Tony looked up and his son, with a confused expression.

"What is it?" He asked.

Peter walked up to him and sat on a chair next to him.

"So, tonight is homecoming, and I asked this girl that I really like to go with me, she said yes, but I don't know anything about formal parties." Peter explained.

Tony was listening to him with an amused face.

"Wow, the son of Tony Stark doesn't know anything about formal parties." Tony said, sarcastically.

They both chuckled.

They stood up and went to Peter's room.

Tony helped him with his outfit and hair, and taught him some dance moves.

When they finished, it was already time for Peter to go to Liz's house to pick her up.

Tony was helping Peter with his tie.

Once it was tied, Peter turned around to his father.

"Thanks, dad." He said, smiling.

"No problem, Underoose." His dad replied, returning the smile. "Ok, let's go."

Tony drove Peter to Liz's house.

"I'm nervouse." Peter said, sinking in his car seat.

"Don't be. Everything will work exactly how it's supposed to." Tony said, reassuring his son.