Chapter 6

INT.  COFFEE SHOP

JIM, JACK, AND MATTHEW SIT QUIETLY IN A BOOTH.  MATTHEW HAS A CRUCIFIX AROUND HIS NECK.

JACK

Why do you wear a crucifix around their neck?  Isn't that like wearing the gun that killed your parent?

MATTHEW

What?

JACK

A cross killed Jesus.  Why would you want to celebrate that?

MATTHEW

Because Heathen, he gave his life for us.

Jim does not stop staring at his coffee.

JACK

Are you sure he gave his life for us or do you think he was just a cool philosopher that pissed off the wrong crowd.

MATTHEW

You don't believe he is the son of God?

JACK

Nope just a guy.

MATTHEW

How can you say that?  You don't believe in God?  

JACK

God yes.  Jesus not so much.  Sounds like a bedtime story that was sold to the masses to have their religion win over the other choices.  Think about the first commandment.  You should have no other gods before me.  Before that there must have been thousands of religions.  Now they sell it as us or no one or you go to hell.  

MATTHEW

You got one thing right.  Your destination.

JACK

You always liked to play make believe now you're doing the same fucking thing, Grow up.

MATTHEW

You do realize if you don't take Jesus as your savior, you will be going to hell?

JACK

Make believe.

JIM

So are you saying Bridget, Alyssa, and Lori are in hell right now because they didn't take Jesus as their fucking savior!?

MATTHEW

Well...

Jim stands and bangs the table with both hands leaning across table at his brother.

JIM

Don't you say one god damn word!

Matthew sheepishly fumbles with his coffee mug. 

JACK

Nobody knows dick about what happens after.  You can hope but no one knows but I'm certain there is no hell for innocent people.

MATTHEW

Well...

JACK

Jesus Christ Matt!