Chapter 9

EXT: A silver Volvo aggressively weaves in and out of traffic.

INT: Mathew is being berated by his wife Dixie on their morning commute.   Today she was on him for putting her delicate shirt with the normal laundry. You would think that if she had such a problem with how he did her laundry she would just do it herself. 

DIXIE

Why don't you just read the labels? 

MATTHEW

I'm sorry.

Matthew was silent. Staring ahead while holding on for dear life as Dixie makes another offense of move.

DIXIE

I never want you to touch my clothes again.

 Dixie takes her right hand off of the steering wheel and points it hard at Matthew. 

MATTHEW

Okay.

Dixie throws both of her hands up in the air.

DIXIE

You don't even care!

MATTHEW

I do, I do.  I just don't know what else to say?

DIXIE

Come on?!

MATTHEW

I don't.

DIXIE

Not you! Why won't this moron just get the hell out of my way? 

Matthew smiles out of the corner of his mouth as  dixie bangs on the steering wheel. 

MATTHEW

I think you are a little close to her. 

Dixie swiftly turns her anger towards Matthew with her look of daggers. 

DIXIE

Oh yeah well I think she is driving like an idiot and I think you should take the time to read a simple label. 

Pulling around her tail gating friend Swift when she shifts her hate towards this unsuspecting traveler. As we pass the car we see it is an 80-year-old lady. Dixie blows her horn as she is passing.

DIXIE

Come on Grandma!

The grandmother does not turn to meet her gaze but instead continues to look straightahead and then lifts her left hand to give her the bird.

DIXIE

No fuck you Grandma.

That was Matthews best part of his day.