Chapter 16

EXT. DENNY'S RESTAURANT - EARLY MORNING

SUPER: 2 HOURS LATER

The time appears on the screen 1:37 A.M.

INT. DENNY'S RESATAURANT

JACK, MATHEW, and JIM sitting around a table eating.

JACK

So did you get his number?

MATHEW hits JACK in the arm.

MATHEW

FUCK YOU!

JACK

What? He was not your type?

MATHEW

He had tits, for God sake!

JIM

And a dick.

MATHEW

Ha, Ha, Ha. He was hot, I'm glad I just found out on the dance floor rather than his bedroom floor.

JACK

Now let's just say hypothetical there you are getting a blowjob and you are about to cum then out of the corner of your eye you see the extra tree branch, do you let him finish or are you like a tire running over an axe?

MATHEW

I would like to believe I'm droopy as a ninety year old women, but depending how close I'm from launching Columbia to orbit. I would say it is a coin toss.

JIM

A coin toss? I would go from launch to

abort in .00003 seconds.

JACK

Really, I would be so confused in

that moment that I would close my eyes

and dream of Jessica Alba and go where no Jack has gone before.

JIM

I would have to pass on the Jessie Alba

daydream, and kick him in the fucking teeth.

MATHEW

To get rid of the teeth friction? Teeth can just ruin a good blowjob.

JACK

Are you kidding me, I love a little nibble on my mushroom cap.

JIM

Get the fuck out of here.

JACK

I'm serious, if I can't feel it then what is the point. God gave women teeth and I give women my cock. So,let the teeth be felt.

An OLDER WAITRESS walked by and gave JACK a strange look. Jack raises his glass towards the passing waitress.

JACK

Here's to the ladies with dentures, the

fewer teeth the better.

​MATHEW

​Damn Jack.

JIM

I wonder if you will get your own pitch fork when you get to hell.

JACK

Yeah, hell is going to really suck, with all of the strippers and hookers. The parties in hell have to be better than the tea parties in heaven.

JIM

Only problem is that the strippers and

hookers will be men.

MATHEW

So, what if you are gay?

​JIM

​Something you want to share?

MATHEW shakes his head no, as he takes a sip of his drink.

JACK

Then heaven is hell.

JIM

That would suck. You love man love. You have taken Jesus as your savior and then you get into heaven and then you don't get anymore man love.

JACK

I figure there is no proof of anything beyond this world. So I might as well make heaven here on earth.

JIM

You say there is no proof, what about the Bible.

JACK

The Bible, written by man centuries after Jesus walked the earth. I don't buy it.

MATHEW

All those years of catholic school down the drain.

JIM

So there's no heaven or hell in Jack's world.

JACK

No, there is. But it's here. Not floating in a cloud or in some burning underworld. We see what we choose to see. There are people that live in trailers who believe their in heaven. While there are people who live in mansions who feel like they're in hell.

MATHEW

Big talk from a guy who wastes his day playing XBOX and living with his Grandpa.

JACK

I'm just trying to say that we beginthis life with nothing but our bare ass. Then we start accumulating crap. We need a bigger TV every year, a shinier car, a bigger house. Garages, attics and storage units are piled

high with worthless stuff that we weredying to buy. Then we die, most of the time alone, then our loved ones sell it donate it, or trash it.

MATHEW

When you die, I don't want any of your crap. But maybe you're right, her I'malmost 40, I have a nice home, nice stuff, but I'm miserable.

JIM

Leave her.

MATHEW

I can't just go, I have responsibilities.

​JIM

​Like what? Laundry?

​MATHEW

Thanks. Thanks for that. I have a mortgage, car payments, credit card payments. Hell I haven't even paid off my furniture yet.

​JACK

Mathew Martin folks. His life sponsored by Pottery Barn.

​MATHEW

Bottom line. None of us are going to do a damn thing. Jim you will be at work tomorrow, Jack you will be on Grandpa's couch tomorrow and I'm going home to Dixie.

​JIM

Why do you have to piss on a perfectly good daydream?

​MATHEW

​Because dreams don't come true.