Lysaedion

Photo credit @zanayira on deviant art. Also please don't judge me for shipping these two, even when Aedion was such a beach.

'I wasn't lying back in Skull's Bay.' His warm breath could be seen as a puff of smoke against the cold air of the night. Honestly, when Lysandra heard those words all those weeks ago, she thought he was making things up, so she'd feel better. But it gave her another reason to live. Besides Evangeline, her life was pretty boring up until the war.

'When my father died, after trying so hard to get to know me, after I, after I...' his lip trembled and his long golden hair started to stick to his tanned, tear-stained face. But after he looked up at Lysandra staring at him, he gave her a weak smile. 'after I... rejected him, I thought I'd never forgive myself. And I still haven't. I might never.' His words sounded confident, his face lifted when he continued, 'But you. You, Lysandra, have made my life worth fighting for. Your support, your forgiveness, your personality and of course your overall beauty,' Lysandra could feel herself blushing. Not many people called her beautiful. Just whore. Slut. Pig.

Aedion knew he was grinning from ear to ear as he hobbled down onto one knee, still not fully recovered from all the fighting, and pulled out a beautiful diamond ring. 'But not nearly as beautiful as her,' he remembered saying to the jeweller when he'd bought it.
'Lady Lysandra Ennar of Caraverre. Even though I know I don't deserve you,' A slight chuckle escaped Lysandra's perfect lips. 'I have known ever since I met you, that you would be my wife. Will you marry me?' Even though it had been pretty obvious where Aedion was going, Lysandra couldn't help her large green eyes widening, and her perfect mouth forming a perfect 'o'.

Of course she was going to marry him. But she had something else to say. A mischievous grin pulled at her full lips. He was not going to be the only one to say something shocking today.
'Aedion Ashryver,' the grin widened. 'I have known for a long time that you would ask me this, and of course I am going to say yes. Not simply because I love you, which I do very, very much, but also because, we're mates.'

He stared at her in disbelief. 'But I thought mate was a bond between two fae. Not a demi-fae and a shifter.'
Her grin kept getting wider and wider. God, she was enjoying this. No wonder Aelin always desided to reveal her plans in such drastic ways.
'So they thought. But did you hear about the wyverns, Abraxos and Narene, they're mates, so why can't we be?' Her voice was little more than a whisper now.
'When did you know? And how?' his Ashryver eyes shone with tears of glee, the moonlight reflecting off them. His handsomeness never failed to catch her off guard.
'A lot of things happened in Skull's Bay. I realised that whenever I was around you, I felt this jolt of electricity, and the desire to be around you always. Even when you called me a bitch,'

Oh no. Had she ruined it? Bringing up their painful past? But if they were mates, the past wouldn't matter, would it?

His golden eyebrows raised.'You know I'm sorry, right? You know I never meant it?'
'Of course.' And in the moment between that and her next few moments, you could have heard a pin drop. 'I knew you were sorry as soon as you said it.'

'Of course I'll marry you.'

Also yeah, I wrote this ages ago, but only published it now, and didn't even bother looking over it soooo... Sorry if it's bad, the rest will (hopefully) be better.