Rowaelin

I'm going to pretend Lyria isn't dead for dramatic effect.

Aelin's POV
The sound of me retching must've woken him up. Rowan pulled my hair back, like the 'gentleman' he is, making sure not to get any sick on his hands, before nuzzling his face into the back of my head.

'I must have been really good last night, if you're getting morning sickness,' he murmured sleepily into my hair. Prick.

'Can you be quiet for even a second of the day, I'm throwing up,' I grumble, before throwing up once again into the toilet.

'If she's a girl, no male is ever coming nea-'

'We don't even know if I'm expecting, and you're already being a territorial fae bastard,' I snap. What is it with Fae? And Illyrians, as my friend Feyre has lead me to believe.

'Oof, grumpy today, aren't you? Must be the hormones.'

I roll my eyes, before promptly throwing up again, although I'm secretly delighted that he was this helpful. Chaol would never.

'Rowan, can you please be useful for once and get me a pregnancy test?!'

'That's not what you say whenever we're in b-'

'Rowan!' I snap, trying not to laugh. 'Aedion is in the room beside us, we don't want him knowing all about that!'

'You don't seem to keep that in mind that at night!' came a slightly muffled voice from the room next door, before Rowan and I collapse on the floor laughing.

                                 ~

Rowan's POV
I whistle on the way down to the pharmacy, before spotting a dark haired female leaning against the wall. I could recognise her perfect nose and bright blue eyes anywhere.

'Lyria,' I snarl, blowing a lot of air out of my nose in the process.

'Rowan,' the whore purrs (I read a lot of SJM, ok?).

I feel her piercingly bright eyes watch as I shuffle on my feet to unsuccessfully hide my err... hard part. Ok, so she was sexy. That didn't mean I was going to cheat on Aelin or anything. She was expecting a child... Maybe. And I loved her more than anything. Lyria wasn't going to trick me again.

'What are you doing here?' I hiss, as we walk into the pharmacy.

'Oh just... You know... Picking up some...' she picks up the closest medicine on the shelf. 'constipation laxatives!' she flashes one of those beautif- sorry, hideous smirks.

I knew that Lyria and I had chemistry, but I would never- could never love her love her like I love Aelin.

Ok this is it. You have to tell Lyria about Aelin. And tell her to fuck off.

'I know about the wife,' she purred seductively. Not that she was going to seduce me or anything. 'But we both know she could never give you what I can give you.'

I didn't even need to consider. I grabbed her hand, looked into her eyes and leaned in.

I whispered.

'At least my wife doesn't seduce married men for a living.'

And with that, I walked away. I would never love anyone as I loved Aelin.

I know these are meant to be oneshots, but I kinda want to write later about their child later ❤️❤️❤️

Also ha! I bet you thought Rowan was about to cheat on Aelin. Or am I too predictable as a writer?