Elorcan- YULEMAS EDITION

Elide's POV:

If I told you this was my first proper Yulemas in 10 years, would you believe me?

I used to love Yulemas. Before it all happened, Yulemas meant presents, and cookies, and family.

Then it meant a drunk Uncle Vernon, his sleazy friends and prostitutes. Will I ever look at the holiday the same?

I'm still in bed when I hear a sharp knock on the door. I rush down the stairs and open the door to a tired looking postman, with a golden letter with red ribbons in his hand.
'Er, um this is for Lady Elide Lochan and Lord Lorcan Lochan,' he says, suppressing a snicker. You can't blame him, Lorcan's title is hilarious.

'Yep, that would be us,' I say, smiling dimly. I take the letter and thank him, before I run back upstairs to the dim bedroom, curtains still closed, to open the letter with Lorcan. I already know who it's from. I mean, who else would be as extravagant as to send a letter in thin, gold sheets, with red ribbons embedded with rubies.

Lorcan smiles at me sleepily.
'Who's it from?'

'Aelin, who else?' He smiles at me again, and I open the letter, before remembering I can't read.

'Umm, Lorcan, I can't read, remember?'

'Ok, I'll read it.'

My dearest, Elide and Lorcan

I hope you are alive and well this Yulemas, which, let's face us, is not too likely considering our continent's recent events. However, if you are reading this I am sure you are alive enough to join Rowan, Lysandra, Aedion, Chaol, Yrene, Dorian, Fenrys, Manon and I in Terrassen's royal banquet hall this Yulemas for a Yulemas feast. I would be forever greatful if you would bless us with your presence.

Sincerely me,
Aelin Ashryver Galathynius
Whitethorn, Queen of Terrassen

I smile at Lorcan. 'Of course we have to go! We haven't seen all of them since Erawan was defeated.' And the more distractions around this time the better.

'No.'

'Yes.'

'No.'

'Why not?'

Lorcan squirms where he lies in the bed.

'Er, um, just no.'

'ASHhshahhahHAhshahha, you're still scared of Aelin, aren't you?'

'I am NOT!'

'Yes you are!' I tease.

'FINE! We'll go!'

~
Yulemas Time!

I rush down the wooden staircase, it's banister decorated with tacky and festive tinsel.

'LORCAN! ARE YOU READY TO GO TO AELIN'S!?!'

No reply.

'Honestly Lorcan, if you've been kidnapped again I swear... Please tell me how a 7 foot muscled fae male like you can't defend yourself.'

I step into the living room, a reddish hue hanging over it and the brightly decorated tree, and spot Lorcan gazing out of the corner of the window.

'Loran! We're about to be la-'

'Shhh, Elide, look outside!'

A soft white blanket coats the ground, frost hangs off the tree's branches. And then I realise. Lorcan's never been out of Wendllyn. This is Lorcan's first snow.

Dragging him by the collar, I pull him outside and promptly throw a snowball at his face, and catch him square in the nose.

Lorcan is fury personified as a cold snowball hits me in the face.

Suddenly a war of snow breaks out, and safety becomes our second priority.

I roll a giant snowball, and attempt to pick it up. It's too heavy. Lorcan smirks at me and charges like a rhinoceros. He jumps into the snowball, and crashes me onto the ground.

'I think I won,' he growls.

'But you're on top of me. I think I won,' I purr. (Don't worry, no smut, I don't know how bodies work)

I boop him on the nose with some snow, and he shivers.

'Here, let me warm you up,' I say, and I pull him closer.

We stay entangled in each others arms for a while, and then I decide to lean over, and kiss him on the lips.

Pulling away I say, 'Hurry up Lorcan, we're going to be late.'

Well that was absolute TRASH but anyways hope you enjoyed.