Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A little later, I wake up and I am still sitting in the chair next to Luca's bed. I look up and see him watching me. "Creeper." I say smiling. "Nah. Just watching my girl sleep." he says softly. "Why didn't you wake me up?" I ask. "You were sleeping. I just wanted to watch you for a while. Come here." he says. I get up and move to the bed and sit beside him. He pulls me to him and kisses me softly. "I love you." he whispers. "I love you, Dom." I say. We sit for a few minutes, neither of us saying anything before the nurse walks in. I move from the bed but Dom doesn't let go of my hand. Standing next to the bed, I kiss him and say "I'm gonna get some coffee." Before I can move, Street and Casey walk in with coffees and breakfast. "Way ahead of you babe." Casey says. We sit and eat after the nurse leaves and Casey asks if she can talk to me a minute. I kiss Luca and step to the side. "What's up?" I ask. "Street asked me to move in with him." she says. "You told him yes, right?" I ask. "I wanted to talk to you first. I don't want to leave you alone with all the bills and rent." she tells me. I turn to look at Street and say "She's moving in." I look at her and say "It's all good."

A little while later, Street and Casey are gone and Luca asks "You okay with her moving out?" I look at our hands, holding each others, and say "I'll make it work. She needs to be happy and he does that for her." Looking at me he asks "Are you happy?" I lean down and kiss him softly and say "I have never been happier." He looks at me for a minute and says "What would you say to me moving in?" I look at him shocked and say "Dom, I can handle the bills." He shakes his head. "You don't want me to move in?" he asks. "It's not that. I'd love for you to move in but I don't want you to think that you have to." I tell him. "I know I don't. But I want to live with my girl. Babe, I don't seem me being with anyone else. You're it." he tells me. Kissing him softly, I say "When you get out of here, we'll get you moved in."

I am laying on the bed next to him, watching tv, when my phone starts ringing. Looking at the caller ID I see Casey's name pop up. "Hey Casey." I say. "You might want to come home." she tells me. "Why?" I ask. "Tanner was in the house when we got here. Street took him down and he's been arrested but he's destroyed your room. I'll send you a picture of the message on your wall and bed." she says. Sending me the picture, I see on the wall in red paint If you won't be mine, you won't live to be his. "Holy shit. Casey..." I start. "He won't get to you. Street arrested him and he's being charged with trespassing, destruction of property and intent to do harm." she tells me. "Okay. Just lock the house up and stay at Street's." I tell her. "Street said he'd get some of the guys to come over tomorrow to help clean things up." she tells me. "Okay thanks." I tell her. We get off the phone and Luca looks at me and I decide that I don't want to hide things from him. I show him the picture and he looks at me. Before he can speak I say, "Street arrested him. The guys are coming over to help clean up tomorrow." He pulls me close and says "We won't let him near you." I look up at him and kiss him. "I love you Dom. I hope you know that." I tell him. "I know. I love you too baby." he says.

The next day, I head to the house to help clean up. I see the entire crew there. "Thank you guys for helping." I tell them. "You're Luca's girl. That makes you family." Chris says. We get the place cleaned up and I ask Hondo "What's going to happen to Tanner?" Hondo looks at me and says "We went to his place. He was planning on taking you with him and skipping town. Even had plans for a murder/suicide. He won't be getting out. He's in the psych ward right now. Been on all kinds of anti-psychotic meds." he tells me. "Wow. Thanks again guys. I really didn't know he was like that." I tell them.

A little later, I head back to the hospital and the first thing I do is curl up with Luca. "Talk to me baby." he says. Without looking at him, I tell him what Hondo told me. "We won't let him near you. I promise." he says. "I know. He won't get out." I tell him. "I love you." he says. "I love you too." I say before kissing him and cuddling into his side again.