CHAPTER 26

-KASEY'S POV-

Death always comes uninvited. It doesn't give any warning signs and it doesn't pick by age. Looking into my life. I'd say life has been good to me. I guess there must be a reason God had to take me so soon. At the age of 17,I...died.

"Kasey?Kasey wake up"

...or not.

"I think she is opening her eyes." I heard someone whisper.

"Let me see." I heard footsteps getting closer and a frame of what I could make up as a manly figure stood beside me, but the image was blurred up by the intense bright white light burning my eyes.

"Should I go into the light?" I asked in a whisper, almost like in awe.

In all the ghost books I've read. You had to go into the light after you die, but by the way this light is burning my eyes I don't understand why the other ghosts saw it as beautiful.

"I think she must've hit her head too hard" I heard a boyish voice say in a far distance.

"Close the curtains" another instructed.

And once the curtains were closed my eyes could adjust my surroundings. I was on a bed with Brad standing besides me with Gail, Hailey and Roy standing behind him.

"I'm not dead?" I asked in a whisper. "I'm not dead!" I said again in a cheerful tone which caused everyone to erupt into laughter.

"And boy I'm I glad you are not dead" Brad said in between his laugh.

I got up from the bed in a sitting position and got welcomed with a jolt of pain pounding my head.

"Ouch" I cried out in pain.

"No no no, don't try to get up" Brad gently laid my head back on the pillow which caused a smile to tag on my lips.

"We'll leave you two kids while we sort other things out. Remember, don't do anything I would do" Roy said with a wink before walking out of the room followed by Gail and Hailey. What a perv.

"So..." Brad said with a smile and sitting on the bed next to me. "You scared the shit out me, I couldn't risk losing you. I just wouldn't survive without you." He said with his chocolate brown eyes piercing into my soul.

How do I reply to that? What do you say when someone tells you they can't live without you?

'Screw the headache' I thought to myself getting up and pulling Brad in for a kiss. Words just would've not been enough to show how much I appreciated him.

What did I do to be so lucky? Brad was everything and anything I could ever ask for.

***

Apparently I 'fainted' out of fear when Mario fired the gun, but unfortunately for Brad's uncle, Mario managed to shoot him twice on the shoulder and caused him some serious injuries. For Mario's sake I'm really glad he didn't kill him.

It was late at night and after a long session of make out. Brad and I were cuddled up in bed sleeping until my eyes shot wide open.

"Bang!"

I heard the noise that woke me up from my slumber. Brad must've heard it too because he was getting out of bed and heading for the door.

"Brad?" I whisper yelled calling out for him.

"Yeah?"

"I'm coming with you." I quickly rolled out of bed before he could protest and stood behind him.

He moves towards the door with me following closely behind him until a thought came to mind.

"Wait"