Confidence

Emma lives in a triplex or town home and I'm not going to describe it because I want everyone reading to imagine what her home would look like, and her clothes which is why I don't describe those much either. I love when people let my imagination decide so I wanted everyone reading to have that pleaser. Also Anna Valdez in in this chapter, she's dropping off Peter's daughter from his previous marriage, I may get deeper into that when I figure out a character for her.  I'm Also introducing Kevin's love interest this chapter. 

Emma was sitting on her couch when she heard a knock at the back door, she turned around and saw Jay. Emma smiled at got up, she put her book down and walked over to the door.

"Hey." She said as she opened it, Jay came in and she shut the door behind him, he put a brown paper bag on the white island. "What's in there?" Emma asked suspiciously, Jay pulled out a box. He opened it revealing a cake in white frosting.

"Cake, red velvet lava cake with cream cheese frosting and a cream cheese whipped cream in the center." Jay said getting plates and silver where, Emma got the cake out of the box and put it on a plate.

"How did you know?" Emma asked him shocked, Jay smirked at her.

"I could be that guy and say 'I just know' but I'm going to be real. I called Rocky."

"Ahhh, he know's me well." Emma said laughing, her and Jay each got a slice and sat down at the island.

"Do you want a drink?" Emma asked.

"Beer?" Jay asked, she got him a beer.

"Let me guess, no alcohol." Jay said taking a sip, Emma nodded.

"Yeah, I don't wanna talk about why so please." Emma said seriously, Jay nodded.

"Of course, I don't wanna push." Emma heard footsteps and she looked to her left. A little boy with fair skin, brown hair, and blue eyes was standing there, he was wearing dinosaur PJ's, he rubbed his eyes.

"I smelled cake." The little boy said, he sat next to Jay as Emma cut him a piece. 

"Nick this is Jay we work together, Jay this is my son Nick." Nick looked Jay up and down.

"You could do better." Jay laughed and Emma rolled her eyes at Nicks comment. 

"Eat your cake." Emma said sternly, Nick started eating his cake.

"Did anything cool happen today?" Nick asked them.

"Not really, what about you?" Emma asked, Nick shrugged but then lit up.

"Oh, I saw some kid fall down the slide."

"I can tell he's yours." Jay said to Emma, Emma pushed him on the shoulder and her phone rang.

"Be right back, behave." Emma said pointing at Jay, she winked at him and he laughed. Nick waited for his mom to be on the phone, then he turned to Jay.

"She likes you, I know." Nick whispered.

"Really?" Jay asked, Nick nodded.

"At girls night she talks about you all the time, says your hot. And she just flirted with you by shoving your shoulder." Nick said, Jay looked at Nick confused.

"How do you know all this?"

"I watch TV, I've got moves that would put you to shame cheek bones." Nick said, Emma walked back in and Jay was laughing at Nick.

"Go to bed, I'll be up in a few." Emma told Nick, Nick waved goodbye to Jay and headed back upstairs to his room. Emma started to clean up and Jay instead he help her, a little while later he was leaving.