Part 11 Trick or Treat

I justed wanted to say thank you for all the reads. I had doubted it getting any so thank you! I urge you to vote and comment on everything, I wanna your thoughts because That's one of the reasons why I decided to publish a story on here. Also, I'm going to make this a light chapter and next chapter they will be back at work but I wanted to focus more on their home lives and family. I'm sorry this is a little short but I just thought it is a nice little break from the usual. Happy Reading!

It was October in Chicago and Halloween was in a few days. Emma, Nick, Voight, Adam, Kim, their kids, Jay, and Trudy were walking through the Halloween store getting costumes, decorations, and supplies for their Holloween party.

"Grandpa Voight?" Nick asked Voight as the walked through the store, Voight looked down at Nick.

"Yeah."

"Are you going to be Batman for Halloween?" Nick asked everyone laughed.

"Maybe."

"Cool, what are you going to be uncle Adam?" 

"Hmmm." Adam said stroking his chin "I don't know, maybe we can get Kevin and Antonio on board and do a group thing, Just us guys." Adam said Jay nodded.

"I'm down, what about you guys?" Jay asked the kids.

"I'm going to be Ranch dressing." Luca said everyone looked at Kim who gave them that 'I know' look.

"Cool buddy, Luna are you going to be a carrot?" Trudy asked Luna rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"No Trudy, I'm going to be a Lone Rancher," Luca said.

"Oh, then what are you going to be Luna?"

"Lenina Crowne from 'Brave New World," Luna said no one said anything.

"Yeah, My kid's Ranch Dressing and That Chick," Kim said.

"Maybe I'll be a cupcake!" Adam exclaimed Kim facepalmed her hand. 

"What about you Nick?" Voight asked Nick giggled like a maniac.

"It's a surprise." Nick said everyone kept going except Adam and Luca who stopped at one of those 'Press Me' buttons that were attached to a creepy doll. Adam pressed it and nothing happened.

"Haha," Adam said pointing at the doll, the doll started scratching and jumped at them causing Adam to fall back into a display of masks, Luca ran for his mom.

"I'm Okay!" Adam yelled getting up.

Emma, Hank, Nick, and Trudy went back to Emma's to help her set up, they were on her porch hanging decorations.

"So really, what is Nick going to be?" Voight asked Emma shook her head.

"It's a surprise, a nice one."

"It is," Rocky said as he came in through the gate with some more bags, Jay was behind him with a few more.

"Okay, Rocky and Jay do the back and since were done out here let's start inside," Emma said looking at her creepy front porch.

"So Who's party is it?" Kim asked Lyla as her and Adam were setting up the front porch.

"Some kids," Lyla said monotone while staring at her phone and texting.

"Okay, I was worried it was going to be 'that kids' now that I know it's going to be 'some kids' you can so go." Adam said Lyla looked up shocked.

"Really?!"