/37/

Ever since I went inside my room after meeting Ace and Dereen's father, hindi na ako lumabas pa. I don't even think I can face Ace again.

Nahiya ako bigla para sa sarili ko. Nahiya akong nagawa kong magalit sa kanya kahit na ang totoo n'yan, sinaktan ko din naman ang kapatid niya noong iniwan ko siya.

But you cannot really blame me, right? We were betrayed. I was betrayed. I was used. It's a natural reaction for people to get angry whenever someone wronged them.

I just sighed while still sitting beside the window of the room. I was looking at the view of the city. Those colorful houses and structures that can still be seen even from the mansion. And the flamers who have smiles on their faces.

I don't think they already know what's happening about the barrier, same with the students of the academy. They have no idea about the danger approaching them and maybe that's why they can still be happy.

If I stayed in the city where I lived, hindi kaya ako magiging ganito ngayon? If I stayed in being just an ordinary person, will I be able to show a true smile all my life?

Muli akong napabuntong hininga nang bigla akong marinig ng parang pagsabog. I was about to search for it outside the window when the door of the room suddenly opened.

My brows furrowed when I remembered that I locked it. Pero nawala doon ang atensyon ko nang pumasok si Sir Laxus at makita ang naaalarma niyang ekspresyon.

"K-Kate..."

"Bakit po?" I asked and he gulped.

"Nandito si Karyll," sambit niya na kinatigil ko. "At nagkita sila ni Zachary."

Para akong binuhusan nang malamig na tubig dahil sa sinabi niya. I immediately looked outside the window when I remembered the explosion I heard a while ago. But suddenly, black flame appeared in front of the window, blocking the view outside.

Kaagad akong tumakbo palabas ng kwarto at sumunod si Sir Laxus. I went downstairs and saw everyone trying to open the front door of the mansion. Consecutive explosions from outside can be heard and that added my nervousness.

Miss Liana stepped aside when she saw me and I immediately tried to open the door too.

"It's no use. He sealed it with his flame," Miss Cassandra said.

Tumalikod ako at tinignan lahat ng bintana dito sa first floor ng mansion. Umakyat din ako sa second floor at tinignan lahat ng pinto o daanang pwede kong daanan palabas.

But it looks like he enveloped the whole mansion with Darkest Flame. He blocked all the passageways and even prevented us from seeing what's happening outside.

Sa huli, bumalik na lang ako sa front door at hinampas ang pinto.

"O-open the door! Please open the door!"

"That's no use, kid," Sir Austin suddenly said. "When a Main Titan gets angry, no one can stop it."

Hinampas ni Miss Cassandra si Sir Austin habang tuloy-tuloy ko pa ding sinusubukang buksan ang pinto.

"What are you saying? You should help," she said and tried to pull Sir Austin from sitting on a couch.

I looked at him and he smirked. "You know the past, don't you?"

My body froze as I remember what he told me when we were in the terrace. He was angry. He was mad. And even if he didn't say it himself, I know that he'll going to kill my mother if ever they meet.

And they did.

"Step aside," I said and they looked at me.

"Anong gagawin mo?" tanong ni Neo.