Ch.5: Reunion

New cover by TimmyShadowKing, be sure to go show him some love for his great work.

After Kaine defended Ruby, the team began to walk to Professor Goodwitch's class until Yang and Blake stopped in front of the young hunter.

Kaine: "Is something wrong?"

Blake: "K-Kaine, after getting Dahlia's permission and thinking about how to ask you, W-We were wondering if-

Yang: "We were wondering if you wanted to go on a date with us tonight after classes wrapped up?"

Kaine: "Really?"

Blake: "Y-Yes, you don't discriminate against faunuses and your all that has been on my mind lately."

Yang: "That, and you're hot, have a great body, you're caring, have a lovely singing voice-

Kaine: "Wait, how did you know I could sing?"

Both girls began to look away shyly as they rubbed the back of their heads.

Blake: "W-We might have heard you singing at night on your first day."

Kaine looked to see team RWBY slowly put their heads down while he sighed.

Blake: "Are you mad?"

Kaine: "No, It's alright, I guess..."

Yang: "So... What's your answer?"

Kaine: "I would love to go out with you two."

The two girls smiled brightly as they pulled him into a hug.

Yang: "We did it!"

Blake: "Yeah!"

Kaine began to smile just as brightly as the two until he saw that both Ruby and Weiss looked upset.

Kaine: 'Did... Did I do something wrong?'

Timeskip

The six of them soon sat in Professor Goodwitch's class, listening to her give lectures until she cleared her throat and began on a different subject.

Glynda: "As you all know, Mr. Wilson and Ms. Dahlia are not from our world. As such, they have never been able to create a weapon in one of our workshops, so today I would like the two of them to each design a weapon and challenge a student to demonstrate how they fight with them."

Doll: "Professor Goodwitch, I know how much of this school is centered around combat... But I was simply not created for it."

Glynda: "Created?"

Kaine quickly jumped up from his seat and attempted to cover up her mistake.

Kaine: "She means that she was not made for combat like I am! Her role was to help me grow stronger while I fought the beasts of Yharnam."

Glynda: "Nonsense, Mr. Wilson. No one is born or made to fight, It is simply something we learn to defend ourselves."

Kaine: "Maybe in your world... But the moment I was born in my world I had to fight and kill those they ordered me to..."

Glynda: "If you don't mind, would you like to explain?"

Kaine: "I belonged to the Healing Church as a child, they worked only to uncover the secrets of what made our gods so powerful. As such, they needed soldiers... People to protect their findings and kill those who discover their own secrets. So when their most loyal and very first executioner had twins, they didn't waste time enlisting them as their soldiers."