C H A P T E R E I G H T

Wells Jaha had been murdered

Wells Jaha had been murdered. They said it was the grounders but I saw the scene of the crime. I studied forensics before I swapped for my ticket to the ISS.

The person who stabbed him had to have been sitting up above him and behind him, he knew them. He trusted them to be sitting right there. Next thing I noticed was that he had missing fingers and the murder weapon was missing.

Could be grounders, but I'm convinced that it was someone in the camp. From what Elijah has told me, hair is more like the grounders trophy thing. Kind of like the native americans when they would scalp someone, it's a symbol of power.

Maybe they thought Wells had some type of power here which would mean that they're watching us.

Bellamy used the death of the chancellor's son to strike fear into the teenagers. He's now got them working on building a wall around this camp. Guess he decided to take a page out of Wells' book, it was his idea after all.

Bellamy really has this knack for pissing me off. He didn't want to build a wall when Wells was the one saying we needed to do it, but now that he's gone, suddenly we're utilizing all of his ideas.

I sit in a tree watching everyone, trying to see who looks guilty for the crime. Some of these people wouldn't feel guilt though, so they're in their own type of category.

What will I do when I find out who killed Wells? I wasn't close with the kid, so I'll just bring the evidence to Clarke's attention.

I watch as Murphy is being the ass that he usually is. I've already crossed him out of my list, he didn't even have a weapon at the time. He left it stuck in that tree and I kept a close eye on him throughout the night.

"Hey! You think the grounders are just gonna sit around, and wait for us to finish the wall? Maybe we should let the little girl do the lifting, huh?" Murphy snaps at one of the teens. I think his name is Conner.

I look towards the girl that they are talking about and am shocked at what I find. She can't be older than twelve years old. Why would the Ark send down someone so young?

She looks startled at the fact that she was even mentioned. She probably expected Murphy to be an ass and say something rude to her, but instead he praised her for her work in his own way. It's the thought that counts, right?

"I just need some water, okay? Then I'll be fine," Conner says.

Bellamy, of course, has to come into the picture. I still haven't crossed him out of my list of suspects yet. "Murphy, get this guy some water." He then walks past the two boys and towards the young girl. "Hey, you got this?" He references to the log that her and Conner were carrying. She just gives him a look like he's stupid. "I'm just kidding," he chuckles and nudges her.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Murphy?" Conner yells out making us all look towards the scene. I physically cringe when I see that Murphy decided now was the time to rebel againt Bellamy by pissing on the dehydrated delinquent.