C H A P T E R T W E L V E

I must have been asleep for a pretty long time because when I wake up, everything is in chaos

My vamp hearing picks up on Murphy basically killing someone, there are still sick kids in here, and everyone outside is in a huge panic. I stumble outside where I can see people digging graves, more kids died from whatever the grounders injected us with.

"What's happening?" I ask as I walk up to Clarke.

She looks hesistant to tell me, but ends up doing it anyway. "The grounders are attempting an attack."

"Attempting means that you have a plan to stop them, what is it?"

"It's Raven. She built a bomb for the bridge you and Murphy crossed to get here. We're going to blow it up before they can get here. Wait, you're not supposed to be up. Get back in the dropship," she says quickly and pushes me towards the metal contraption.

I sigh. "You're sick too, Clarke."

"I'm fine, now. You on the other hand, you look like death."

I grumble as I stumble my way back into the dropship. The grounders are attacking, but Raven is going to blow up one of their ways to the camp. Sounds like fun, maybe they should've invited me.

When I enter the dropship, I see Murphy helping other sick people. "Here's something I never thought I'd see."

His head snaps up towards me and the spot where I was laying. "Since when were you up?"

I shrug, not answering him and go back to my spot in the dropship. My whole body hurts, inside and out.

Murphy walks over and sits down beside me with a cup of water. He hands it to me, but I don't want it. "I need blood," I mumble to him, "not water."

"I know, but still." He tries to hand me the water again and this time I accept it. I drink it, but it helps nothing other than my dry throat.

After I'm done with the water, I throw the cup at him. Why am I not getting better as fast as everyone else was?

I start to go into another fit of coughing and then I'm back to the bucket once more. I look up at Murphy, my eyes watery. "What's wrong with me?"

"Maybe they gave you a different strand of it?" He tries to sound convincing but the confidence leaves his voice as I'm back in my bucket again. I really hate being sick. That was supposed to be one of the perks of vampirism.

I lay on my side, letting my face feel the coolness of the metal and let out a groan of pain. I never want to get up again in my life.

"I'm gonna help Octavia in the smokehouse and bring you some blood back, okay?" Murphy removes my hair from my face.

I look up at him. "Why are you being so nice?"

He shrugs. "I owe you for not letting me die and kinda showing me the ropes. I don't like being in anyone's debt." He then gets up and leaves the dropship.