C H A P T E R N I N E

"Elijah!" I scream for him

"Elijah!" I scream for him. He must've been helping Charlotte and that almost got Murphy killed.

Charlotte. If I find Charlotte, then I'll find Elijah. She probably reminds him of Rebekah or some sappy shit like that.

"You want to build a society princess? Let's build a society. Bring her out!" I hear Murphy's yell as I make my way over there. I don't know why he doesn't just walk in there. I walk straight past most of the hundred and Bellamy as I make my way into the tent.

I rip it open, stepping inside as I find who I'm looking for, ignoring Clarke and Finn standing there. "Well, look at what we have here. The noble Elijah Mikaelson protecting the life of a murderer."

He pushes Charlotte behind him quickly upon seeing my arrival. "She's just a child."

"I was young when I met Klaus, but we're not going to talk about what you and your family did to me. I took you back to camp because I admired your love for family, but you crossed me again."

"I'm sorry for what my mother and Niklaus did to you, but my family will always come first."

"Good thing that Charlotte isn't your family," I sneer. "But I was. Isn't that what you told me?"

Elijah uses his vamp speed to punch me out of the tent, sending me flying. I land where Murphy had been standing not even a minute ago. "I will not let you hurt a child," he says looking down at me with anger in his eyes.

"But you can hurt mine? What's that thing you taught me? ***Jus drein jus daun***." My voice breaks and then becomes strong when I say the grounder's motto.

He says nothing as tears fill his eyes and he speeds away. I follow after him into the woods, except I'm not using my supernatural speed.

I walk around until it gets dark and then I hear the voices. Murphy keeps calling out for Charlotte and she replies, but it sounds like someone is trying to stop her. Good, she needs to feel guilty.

I quickly speed over there and meet them at the edge of a cliff. "It's rude to walk away when someone is talking to you, Elijah," I say with a sweet voice.

"Victoria, stop! This has gone too far! Just calm down. We'll talk about this," Clarke says suddenly coming through the brush.

Murphy acts quick, grabbing her and putting a knife to her throat. "I'm sick of hearing you talk."

"Yeah, princess, what do you think this is? My Little Pony? If you think talking out our problems will help us, you're badly mistaken. I mean, look at you, you seem to have a little something on your neck," I say pointing at the knife Murphy is holding to her neck.