Chapter 1

Five more minutes. I wish this bell would hurry up.

As you fumbled through your biology textbook to keep up with the ongoing lecture, you internally prayed that the end of this class would come faster. Winter break was minutes away and you couldn't wait to get away from this school. Chanyeol was wrong. Everyone called you the weird kid and the constant bullying never helped. The only silver lining to the depressing cloud called high school were your art classes. It was your sanctuary during school and your teacher, Mrs. Choi even let you spend your lunch period in the studio.

As the bell rang, you stuffed everything in your backpack to try to run out. You opened up your locker to grab the last of your items before you felt a push. You tried to catch your balance but the locker door slammed behind you and the echo of girls giggling was the last thing you heard. The muffles of your cries got the attention of a passerby before you were granted freedom from the tight cage. You called your mom to pick you up, that way you wouldn't have to face your bullies before vacation.

Once she pulled up, you sulked in the backseat of the car, trying not to cry.
"How was school honey?" You turned towards the window before muttering,
"Just great mom."
She sighed and peaked back at you through the rear view mirror, "well I have something that will brighten your day."
"A new school?"
"No. Just wait until we get home."

You dragged your feet as you walked towards the door, noticing the smell of fried chicken hitting you immediately. You were excited for your favorite meal until you noticed a tall, skinny boy in a uniform sitting on your couch.
"Channie?! Is that you?"
He spoke up, voice deeper than you remembered before getting up to hug you, "of course it's me..."
You looked up at him shocked at how much he grew in the few month he was away, "wow...you're really tall now." He laughed at you before messing up your hair, "I get that a lot." You squeezed him tighter and rocked back and forth before letting go, "I really missed you."
"I missed you too."

As you finished up your dinner, you both headed to the kitchen to handle the dishes. He grabbed a dish towel to dry as you washed, making things go faster. He looked down at you and smiled, "you look different too. Like when did you start wearing glasses?"
You giggled, "well we finally realized why I couldn't see the board clearly. Astigmatism."
"Are you still drawing?"
You nodded, "it's the only thing I enjoy about school..." your voice trailed off as you cut off the water and started organizing the plates. He pouted a bit and sighed, "well if you want to know, I hate my school too."
"Why?"
"I get picked on a lot. I'm not as strong as the other guys so they make fun of me being so skinny."
You reached up to rub his shoulder and smiled, "well I think you're really strong. They're just jealous of you." He smiled at you and went to hug you again, "well after next semester, they won't have to worry about seeing me again."
"Why?!" You started to smile brighter in hopes of the news you were waiting for.
"My dad said I can come to your school for 10th grade. If I do well and stay out of trouble, I can stay."
You started to jump up and down, excited to finally have a friend next year.
You walked him to the door and he went to hug you again. As he turned to go down the steps, he turned back to look at you, "I never stopped thinking about that kiss by the way..."
"Me either."
"See you later."