Chapter 2

You slide the hangers in your closet until you pull out two of your school uniforms. You take them out to show Chanyeol for a decision, "so tomorrow should I wear the one with the red stitching or the one with the white?"
He poked his head from the comic book he was reading and leaned up on his elbows in your bed, "they literally look the same."
You start to whine, "no they don'ttttt-tah! Which one are you going to wear then?"
He shrugged, "probably the red one." He went back to reading his book as you laid out the red one next to him. You started to rummage through your shoes when he peaked at you again, "I don't think I've ever seen you excited for school."
"I'm only excited because you'll be there."
"Cute." You started to blush a little before you found your favorite combat boots and some stripped knee high socks to complete the look. You joined him in your bed, laying your head on his shoulder, "do you like it? The comic that is?"
He nodded, "yea. You draw so well. I
Wish I had a talent."
You start to giggle and push him, "Channie you can sing better than anyone I know." He smirked, "yea you're right. I can."
As you nuzzled his shoulder, you got lost in his scent. You felt the same butterflies that you felt the night he kissed you and you didn't know how to deal with those feelings. You had grown up together and never thought you would develop a crush on him. You felt his hand on your lower back, causing you to shiver from his touch. He looked down at you and smiled, "you ok? You're kind of quiet."
"No I'm fine. Trust me."
"Ok weirdo."

The next day, you knocked on his door so you could walk to school together. He walked out in a white stitched uniform, which made you a bit mad because you wanted to match him. His hair was more fluffy than usual, and he wore some square framed glasses to complete his look. Once you arrived at school, a group of girls approached you and started to giggle, "look who got a boyfriend over the summer. I'm surprised. I thought guys didn't date other guys. Boobs still didn't come in?" They all started to laugh as you could feel yourself become embarrassed. You folded your arms over your chest as Chanyeol spoke, "did you wait all summer just to bully her? Most people get jobs or find a hobby. You must be real bored."
She gasped and started to fan herself, "wow what a voice. It's sexy."
You huffed as you started to walk away from the group. As he followed, he smacked his teeth, "You need to fight that bitch."
You burst out laughing and shook your head, "she's not worth it Channie."
He shook his head, "nah. If I were you, that fake ponytail would have been yanked off. You don't deserve to be talked to like that."
You sighed and gave him a small smile, "I know. But I'm glad you're here now."

At the end of the school day, you waited for him at his locker, but he never showed up. You started to worry and texted him,
[You:] wyaaaaa?!?
[Channie:] come to the field.

As you walked to the field, you noticed him in a jersey, playing football with some guys. The coach was making marks on a clipboard and yelled, "come here Park!" You grabbed a seat on the bleachers and you noticed Chanyeol's smile as he talked to the coach. An hour past and he finally came up to the bleachers to greet you, "Hey. Thanks for coming."
"What's going on?"
"I just tried out. I'm on the JV team." You start to clap for him and smile brightly, "wow Channie the football star. Guess I should try out for cheerleading now huh." He grabbed your book bag and threw it over his shoulder, "you don't have to if you don't want to. BUT you are required to come to all of my games. Coach said I'll be star quarterback in no time." As you walk home, you started to overthink your crush on him more:

Star quarterback. That means all the girls will want him. I need to just tell him how I feel.

His arm wrapped around your shoulder, bringing you out of your trance, "huh?"
"I said you've been really quiet lately. What's on your mind."
You shrugged and stopped in front of your house. "It's nothing Chan. I'll see you tomorrow ok?"
He gave you a big hug and you whispered, "congratulations again."
"Thank you."