The Foodie and the Gentleman C3

Hyewon

I heard the door open.

I didn't remove the arm that's covering my eyes, knowing who it is.

"Who bought the daybed?" Joshua asked as I heard his footsteps coming towards me.

"A new tenant on the 5th floor, Mom said she can put it here so everyone can use it"

"It looks nice"

It's actually a great addition here in the Rooftop even though it took a lot space.

It's classic wood with low height that can fit 5 people side by side.

Mom was worried at first because the rooftop is her mini garden complete with a glass roof as a mini greenhouse.

Mom brought back down to the Cafe the outdoor table and chair to make way for the daybed.

A lot of our tenants hang out here, luckily today no one seems to be using it cause I seriously need to breathe.

My agent called me with a new client and some few commercials to shoot for tomorrow, so today is going to be the only day I could rest before another hectic day.

"So-" I got up to face him.

He's standing near the daybed, hands on his pockets hair tousled like he just woke up.

And sporting a very black hair.

"Black?" I said unconsciously.

He chuckled clearly expecting my reaction.

"You like it?"

"Ah- I thought you're determined in ruining your roots?"

"Ah so she likes it"

I rolled my eyes before turning back to lay on the daybed again.

He laughed before sitting beside my head.

"Hyewon"

"Hm?"

"Would you be angry If I tell you something?"

I felt my heart pound fast.

"Depends, why? What is it about"

I looked at him then saw him hesitate before saying it.

"Mina"

Of course.

Mina had always been that subject that we always ends up arguing about.

Because he always defends her, from me and Jeonghan-oppa.

I love Mina-sunbaenim as the senior who had always been kind in highschool and the girlfriend who didn't saw me as a threat when she's dating Joshua.

I always admired how she managed to balanced her school and the hectic schedule of being a professional ballerina. 

But then again she's also the Mina who broke Joshua's heart and left us to pick up the pieces.

Why I sacrificed my stash of ice cream to help his heart survive.

I was still in middle school when they dated in his 2nd year of highschool.

I met her even before I got in IZNE Academy.

I remember her having this warm smile, her being nice and cool and never getting jealous whenever I hang out with Joshua.

Not to mention how pretty she is that I even got a crush on her.

Then that dreadful graduation happened.