Chapter 19

Let me skip through all of the awkward silences I had to witness together with Rory in the past couple of weeks. Of course some of you might even be amused by the looks of Emily Gilmore and Shira Huntzberger when we announced that we are indeed getting married, better late than never, right? Lorelei was surprisingly calm, as if she knew, well, it wasn't supposed to be a shock, we were both at age and she was pregnant with my baby, it was the most obvious thing about to happen. Lane had that „Talk about something funny, I'm going to cry" look on her face, she has been with Rory along the whole ride, the good and the bad and I appreciate anyone who took care of my Ace when I wasn't around.

Honor was exceptionally happy, I think this even compared to her own announcement to me, she told me how she knew this was right and how this was how things were supposed to be from the start, and I couldn't help but to agree more. My dad was happy about the news, I don't think he would always agree with my choice, but I was a decent man, marrying someone strong and capable, he was very pleased to see us running his legacy with even more success.

Oh yes, I should probably tell you how that is going. Rory is a chameleon. She has this incredible ability to creep into any scenario and make you believe this is exactly where she belongs, and our Publishing Head Quarters in New York were no exception. She befriended everyone, they loved her, they bring her coffee and look up to her. Sometimes, I can catch myself watching her from afar, in her open office, just burying that beautiful head of hers into paperwork and I cannot help but to think to myself that if all of my decisions from now on were wrong, I have this one thing, to that is always right, that is always good and I don't have to worry about a thing. She could bring sunshine into a room without windows, which is exactly what she did with some of our conference rooms, people loved her and she motivated them. She was a successful, powerful woman, just like she always deserved to be.

I have to be honest with you, I am still a little bit petrified of Paris after we announced our engagement. She smiled and congratulated us on the happy news, she opened some champagne and pulled me aside promising me that she would pull my spine out of my ass if I do anything to hurt „our girl". I nodded, scared, knowing very well that she wasn't kidding about that. She was Rory's maid of honour, It was a fascinating friendship If I may say so. Rory has been the only competition Paris has ever had and they have developed this bond of friendship, with an unspoken set of rules that included protecting each other at all cost, I was happy Rory had Paris by her side.

We set a date, and the two girls were very excited to plan everything, and for the first time, I was actually interested in guest lists, food menu and playlists, and we promised each other that we are doing this alone and together, with no one included, especially not Emily or Shira. It was going to be a beautiful wedding. We have invited about 80 people, rented a beautiful wedding venue next to a small lake just outside of Stars Hollow.

Rory and I were just discussing fairy lights when she asked me. „So... bachelors party?" She raised her eyebrow and smiled, putting her wedding planner away for a moment. „What about it?" I chuckled a little bit and took her hand from across the table. „Are you... having one?" She asked shyly, obviously nervous about that topic. „Nothing big, I think the guys and I will just go for a drink." She nodded, obviously not believing me. I smiled at how cute she was. „Really Ace, I'm not really into partying right now, I'd much rather be with you." I said and she giggled at that „Well me and the girls were..." She looked around the room with the worlds biggest smile. „Have fun Ace" I interrupted her, mirroring her smile.

It was an extraordinary day, I wasn't sure about the whole summer wedding, you know, uncomfortable heat and all, but it was a breezy summer day. The whole venue was decorated in white roses and wooden tables and chairs. I was just hoping nothing would spill on my beige suit. The band was already playing some jazz music in the background as the first guests started arriving. Honor had this huge smile plastered on her face from across the room, she walked over to me with her glass of champagne. „I suppose you're not smiling like this because you're already drunk?" I asked with a laugh, to which she rolled her eyes annoyed. „Oh shut up, I think it's amazing how you've put all of this together in such a short notice." She looked around impressed and I modestly nodded. She resumed having that look on her face, I looked at her confused and finally she said „This is right Logan." She rubbed my upper arm slightly. „I'm just very nervous." I had to admit. „You don't have to be, Rory loves you." This warmed my heart each time. „Honor, the thought of ever being without her makes me insane." She placed her hands on her heart in complete awe. „I'm so happy for you." She said before being dragged away by Paris, apparently to go over her speech for the wedding reception, to see if she like it and if her speed of speech was sufficient.