Chapter 2

Phebe continued to explain to me 'Why Josh wouldn't go for me' and 'You'll just be treated like trash' as we made our way toward first period. I was barely paying attention to her because I was replaying the scene over and over in my head. The slight head turn, locking on my gaze, the half smile that formed on his perfect lips.

"Sara!" Phoebe screamed at me.

"What?" I asked, snapping out of my daze.

"Are you even paying attention?" 

"Not at all."

"Guys like Josh and Noah don't look for long term things." She said. I hate to admit it, but she was right. Girls like El, Phebe, and I were looking for more than a fling. I guess everyone can't get lucky like El and Derek.

"Alright. Welcome back everyone, the pep rally is today. Let's go." Mr. Johnson said.

As we made our way to the gym, I felt a push from my shoulder and found myself on the floor. I looked up to see who pushed me, when my head started hurting like crazy and I couldn't see them because the lights from the ceiling were blinding me.

"Are you okay?" A hand extended toward me along with a masculine voice. I held my head as he helped me. I stumbled into the guy on accident. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Come on. Let's get you to the nurse's office." He said, leading me through the maze of people.Once we safely made it to the office, I was finally able to see my culprit/helper. His dark hair was cut short on his head with a little Mohawk on top. Perfectly full lips were surrounded by an acne clear face. His green eyes softened once our gaze locked again. Josh Galen.

"Sorry." I said, looking away, from him.

"Alright Sara, looks like you have a minor concussion so here are so pain medicine, ice pack, and you are free to go." The nurse said. "Thank you for taking her here Josh." 

"No prob Nurse Jacqueline." He spoke softly. Without another word, I rushed out the door into the hallway. Fortunately, it was empty since everyone was at the pep rally. 

I heard sneakers squeak on the linoleum floor. As my head turned to face the sound, I saw Josh running toward me. I think he over estimated his stopage time since he was now hurdling toward me.

I braced myself as I started falling backwards, but never hit the floor. I opened up my srunched up eyes to see Josh looking down at me, slightly leaning. I looked around and saw his arms wrapped safely around my waist.

"Um." I said, looking down at his arms.

"I think a 'thank you' is nicer to say. Actually, perferred." He smirked. And there it was, the player in him talking. I stood up after rolling my eyes and roughly took his hands off my body.

"Bye now" I said coldly and started to walk off.