Chapter 14

Sorry I haven't updated this story yet, hope you like it.

~

(Liam)

As soon as we were all outside, I closed the door and walked over to the circle that the boys formed. 

"What do you think about us questioning him with a lie detector?" I asked.

"Sure, do you have one?" Harry asked.

"I do." Zayn said and ran back in the house to get it.

"I don't even want to know how." Louis muttered which made me crack a smile. Zayn came back with it and started setting it up.

"Do you even know how to read the results?'' I whispered in Zayn's ear.

"Sure I do. If the little needle starts going crazy after he answers, he's lying. If it stays the same, he's telling the truth."

"Okay." I said warily before walking over to Tom.

"You are going to have to take a lie detector test." I mumbled in an angry tone. I seriously didn't like this guy.

"Fine." He smirked and walked over to the chair.

"You're going to have to take your shirt off." Louis sheepishly smiled.

"No." He replied bluntly.

"Look, we don't want you shirtless either, but it's for an accurate reading." Harry responded and Tom sighed, taking off his shirt.

"Okay, first question. Is your name Thomas?" Niall asked.

"Really?" I asked back.

"We need to make sure it works." Zayn said and I just crossed my arms.

"Yes." Tom replied. We all looked at the machine.

"He's telling the truth." Niall said.

"Next question. How old are you?" Louis asked.

"Nineteen." He sighed.

"He's telling the truth." Niall responded without looking up from the machine.

"Why are you with Sara?" I spoke up. "Truth." I added before he could respond.

"I like her." he shrugged and the machine started beeping wildly.

"He's lying!" Niall yelled.

"Okay, okay. I realized she is probably going to be famous and she was hot." He responded and the machine stabilized.

"Is Sara the only girl you're seeing right now?" I asked again.

"Yes." He replied and the machine went off again.

"Tell the truth!" I yelled at him.

"Okay, okay. No." He said and the machine went back to the original speed.

"How long are you going to be around?" Harry asked.

"I was going to leave her for another girl today." He admitted and the machine stayed the same.

"Then go." I said.

"No." He said, standing up and ripping off the wires attached to him.

"Yes." I said, standing closer. He swung and his fist collided with my jaw. I stumbled back from the impacted and spat out blood.

"Come on pretty boy, let's fight." He egged me on and I swung and collided with his nose. After that, we both started packing punches.

"Liam!" I heard Sara scream from behind me. I turned around and met her gaze before feeling pain and blacking out.

I woke up in the back of an ambulance. "Don't worry son, we're almost at the hospital." The paramedic informed me before I blacked out again. 

~

"Don't wake him just yet." I heard a faint voice say, I think it was Niall.

"But I need to talk to him." I heard a girl's voice plead, it sounded like Sara. I opened my eyes groggily and saw the lads, Eleanor, and Sara in the room with me. I looked around and realized it was a hospital room.

"Water." I choked out and Louis ran over, handing me a plastic cup filled with water. I chugged it down and handed him back the cup.

"Thanks lad." I said with a half smiled. Once I moved my mouth, immediate pain shot into my mouth and face, especially my teeth. The hospital door swung open, revealing, i'm guessing, my doctor.

"Liam Payne?" He asked me. I nodded since my mouth still hurt.

"I am Doctor Grant, your doctor for today and tomorrow. Your friends told me what happened and judging from he x rays, you took the worst out of you and the other boy. You slightly dislocated your jaw and have two bruised ribs, a slight head bump, from when you fell, and I think that's it. Are you feeling pain anywhere else?' He asked and I shook my head.

"The jaw?" He asked and I nodded.

"Well, the good news is that in one week, your ribs will be healed. In about two days, the bump will go away. And in about four hours, you're jaw will feel better since we treated it immediately. You will only be staying in the hospital tonight and tomorrow morning. And only one person can stay with him after visiting hours, so you can take shifts or just have one person." He spoke to everyone else in the room.

"And Liam, I will be back later tonight to check up on you and nurses will come by periodically to give you medicine through the drip." He said pointing to the tube that lead from my arm to a bag, I forget the name. He left me with my friends and said he was going to check on the other guy. Tom. Even saying his name in my head makes me want to hurt him badly.

"Hey lad, we got you a white board and marker so you don't have to talk." Harry smiled and handed both to me. 

I drew a smiley face which made them laugh, except for Sara who faked a smile. (Italicized words are the ones Liam wrote down on the whiteboard.)

What did the Doctor say about Tom? 

"Tom received three cracked ribs from you, a broken nose, and a black eye." Louis smirked and I nodded.

I'm going to sleep. Who wants the first shift?

"I'll take it." Niall smiled at me and sat in a chair in the room while everyone else shuffled out. I dozed off for what seemed like two minutes and was woken back up.

"Liam, wake up." Her spoke voice spoke in my ear. My eyes slowly opened to see her beautiful face, which had tear stains on it and she had puffy eyes.

"Don't cry." I spoke and my jaw didn't hurt. She sniffled.

"I wanted to tell you I ended it with Tom." She smiled at me and sniffled again. I moved over and patted the now empty space in the bed for her to join me. She climbed in and fit into the space perfectly. She face me and I took her chin and pulled her closer to me. 

"I like you Sara." I smiled.

"I like you too Liam." she smiled back. I softly joined lips with her and we kissed in sync. We broke apart at the same time and she turned around, resting her head on the pillow. I wrapped my arm around her stomach and she intertwined our fingers together. I had the best sleep ever with her by my side.