Chapter 18

Arkady was the first to cross the gap between Callen and them. "Callen? Moy syn…Are you alright?" he asked concerned.

Callen tried to pull himself away from the hands grabbing at him. "Papa?" he asked.

"I am here," Arkady replied, waving the others back. "You are safe."

"Need….Dracul…pipeline," Callen mumbled pressing the paper into Arkady's hand before he passed out.

Arkady looked up at the others, "Quick…help me get him to the spare room," he ordered.

Peters took his legs as they carried Callen through to the room Arkady directed them to.

Hetty followed behind, "It seems our old friends are in this again. The Comescu's are financing the pipeline between Russia and Florida; I will let my people know."

Arkady looked at her, "I need you to call this number," he wrote a number down and handed it to her, "A doctor I can trust. I need to know what they did to my boy." There was a fury in his eyes that frightened even Hetty.

She looked worried but she lifted the phone and dialed the number.

"Privet." A voice came from down the line.

"Arkady Kolcheck poprosil menya pozvonit' vam. On skazal vy vrach, on doveryayet yemu nuzhna vasha pomoshch'," she said.

"Yavlyayetsya li on raneniya?" the voice sounded down the other end full of concern.

Arkady took the phone from Hetty and barked at the man on the other end, "Eto moy syn, yemu bol'no i nuzhdayetsya v vas seychas, ty mne dolzhen ... ty obyazan yemu!" He slammed the phone shut and smiled at Hetty, "Sometimes you have to push, no?"

Hetty looked quizzically at the man who had for a while been Callen's father, wondering if she had missed something.

Not giving her a second glance, he walked past Peters and into the room where Callen was resting.

He sat on the edge of the bed running his hand through Callen's hair in a comforting gesture. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the piece of paper Callen had given him. "I hope this is worth the price he paid; I think this is your information." Arkady handed it to Peters. "He has done enough, let him rest now," Arkady said as Peters opened his mouth to try to wake Callen up.

The door knocked and a man about Arkady's age stood there.

"Hans. You have your bag?" Arkady asked.

Hans Schreiber walked in the door, "I haven't practiced since the old country Nikolai," he said, "But yes I have my bag."

He walked to the door, Hetty following behind trying to get a read on this new person. "Ok, tell me what happened?" Hans asked walking to the door, "Who?" he stopped as he saw the figure on the bed.

Grabbing Arkady by the arm and moving him into another room he slammed the door shut. "Are you crazy?" He yelled.

"Hans, this was not my doing. It is circumstance, which brought him back into my life for a third time."

"Circumstance?" Hans was stunned, "I have followed him my whole life. I was scared for you both when he ended up in your care the first time. You promised me you could handle it, then you got moved with the witness protection and now he is back. One day he will make the connection. You promised his mother!" he snapped.

Arkady sighed, "I did," he said quietly. "He does not know, nor will he ever. This is still our secret my friend. But I cannot allow him to be hurt like this; you have to help him.Please. If not for me, for Clara."