Off-Balance

Chapter 13

Natsuki sighed, slowly willing her eyes to open at the sound of her alarm.

I don't want to move... Please, just let me stay here...

"Cake pop..." Yuri mumbled, "Time for work..."

Natsuki rolled over, burying her face in Yuri's chest as she shook her head.

"I'll be okay... I'll... I'll go hang out with Monika since she's off today!" Yuri said.

"I don't wanna leave your side..." Natsuki muttered fearfully.

"Natsuki..." Yuri sighed.

"Yuri..." Natsuki countered.

Yuri chuckled and stroked her hair gently.

"Baby... You need to go to work." Yuri said softly.

"But-" Yuri lifted her head, making their eyes connect.

"I'll. Be. Fine., You. Work." Yuri emphasized.

"Fine..." Natsuki sighed.

Yuri kissed her sweetly, smiling softly against her lips.

Natsuki gazed into her glimmering purple orbs, smiling a bit sadly.

"But let me give you a ride so I know that's where you're really going." Natsuki compromised.

"Okay okay. Let me grab a few things so I can work while I'm there." Yuri agreed, rolling her eyes playfully.

Natsuki kissed her forehead with a giggle as she climbed off of her and stood.

~~~

"Thanks for the ride, cake pop." Yuri pecked her lips.

"Sure thing, gorgeous. See ya later! Call me if Monika takes you home so I don't come here expecting to pick you up." Natsuki says with a grin.

"I will. Be safe! I love you!" Yuri called.

"Love you, too!" Natsuki said before speeding away.

Dammit mother...

Yuri turned and walked up to the door.

"Coming, coming!" Monika called from inside.

The door swung open to reveal Monika, her hair a mess.

"Hey, cous! What brings you here?" Monika asked, panting.

"Uh, Natsuki brought me... Are you alright?" Yuri wondered.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry... I was still in bed when you knocked. Or... Sleeping on the couch to be more precise." Monika rubbed her neck sheepishly.

"Did you and Sayori have a fight?" Yuri pondered.

"She and I may have had a disagreement..." Monika admitted.

She stepped aside to allow her cousin entry as the tall woman glided into the living room.

"May I ask what happened?" Yuri asked, sitting on the couch.

"Yeah..." Monika sat on the couch beside her.

Yuri nodded for her to continue.

"It really didn't seem like a big deal to me... But she heard from Natsuki that it was me reminding you of Nimani's situation that made you cry that day." Monika said guiltily.

"Is that it? I don't see why she was that upset..." Yuri tilted her head in confusion.

"Well... I tried to defend myself and we both raised our voices and next thing I know... Couch duty for a full week." Monika clicked her tongue.