Beauty

Chapter 30

Natsuki waved to her coworker as she began walking towards her home.

Yuri had banned her from ever riding another motorized vehicle alone for the next ten years, which meant carpooling was her best and near only option to get home from work.

"Yuri! Girls! I'm home!" Natsuki called, setting down her belt.

She waited for an answer of any sort, receiving only silence.

"Girls? Gorgeous?" Natsuki called, walking around.

Walking into her bedroom, Natsuki saw a small piece of paper sitting on the bed.

"'Dear Natsuki. Went to Monika's for a bit with the girls. Come by if we aren't home when you arrive. Love, Yuri.'" Natsuki read aloud softly to herself.

Natsuki shrugged and sighed, deciding to at least change from her work attire before walking to their friend's house.

She soon changed into one of Yuri's old lilac sweaters and some ripped jeans, tying her hair into some twintails with some of her old ribbons.

She grinned as she looked at herself in the mirror, nodding in approval.

For years Natsuki had hated the way she looked, but over time, Yuri had shown her the beauty she had inside.

The beauty Yuri fell in love with.

Natsuki hummed a small tune as she walked towards Monika and Sayori's house, confusion settling in on her face when she saw none of the lights were on.

She moved to knock on the door, startled as it opened before her from not being latched.

"Sayo? Nik?" Natsuki called slowly, walking around the pitch black room.

She saw a small glittering dot and walked towards it, noticing it was one of Jessica's bedazzling beads from a kit she had gotten for Christmas a year or two back.

Natsuki looked to her side and saw a trail of them, walking up the stairs towards them.

The trail stopped with a large red circle of them on Jessica's door, as she slowly pushed it open.

"Surprise!!" A group of voices called in unison as she turned the light on.

Natsuki jumped back, startled as she looked around with a confused expression.

"It's not... Wait... Is it my birthday?" She asked in confusion.

"Close," Sayori giggled, "It's Valentine's Day. But your birthday isn't far after, so we thought we'd celebrate both at once!"

Monika kissed her eager wife's cheek, keeping the woman from bouncing in place any more.

Jessica, Marcus, and the twins came forward, holding out a tray with a cake on it.

Natsuki grinned brightly, the cake was her favourite; A buttercream frosting coated, bright pink and red for Valentine's marble cake.

"Thank you all... I love you guys!" Natsuki teared up, grinning as she pulled her friends close.

Monika and Sayori chuckled, patting the woman on the back.

"Thanks, but..." Sayori began.

"This wasn't out idea." Monika finished.

Natsuki turned around to see Yuri standing there with a smirk, holding out her arms.

Natsuki whimpered and rushed into her wife's embrace, hugging her tightly.