30

future;
here we are.
it has been a long
ride, but will
I ever see you again
at the end of the road?

[ Y E A R S  L A T E R ]

-

A

thick crowd gathered before her as she arrived at the airport. Flashes coming from their cameras welcomed her, as well as interviewers grabbing the chance to talk to her. Walking towards the exit, one was lucky enough to pull out a question to her.

how was your experience there at Paris Ms.Bae? ”

“ Showcasing our brand and seeing that many people were enjoying it was great! It was a successful launch ” She responded with a smile.

She was about to walk away when she was stopped by another question.
one last question Ms.Bae, I heard you're gonna be taking over your Mom's company? ”

She just smiled, went away and finally was outside, where her mom's assistant and bodyguards escorted her.

She went inside the car, and they went on their way. She was tired from the long trip, or shall we say, she was jet-lagged. She leaned unto the car's seat and closed her eyes.

“we have made some preparations already about the party Ms.Bae” The assistant said to Joohyun who was chilling on her seat.

Ahh right The party will commence tomorrow. She thought

It wasn't just a party. But it was a party that is exclusive to their own company and some invited VIPs. It is a party to celebrate of her finally taking over her mom's company.

It was a pressure to her at first but she was relieved, after years of experiencing how it is to run the business, the anxiety she had before was turned into confidence.

After how many minutes, they arrived at her place. She was finally at her apartment.

Before coming inside the apartment, the assistant gave her a reminder.
“we'll pick you up tomorrow Ms.Bae”

In which Irene responded with a nod and a smile.
“shall our security escort you inside?”
the assitant said once again. Irene shook her head, giving a sign that she doesn't need them. She was more assured and confident now, as she was trained with some self-defense and doesn't want risky things to happen to her just like before. It is more essential to her, knowing that she'll be the next heir.

strong, beautiful and confident. they say.

She continued to walk inside and proceeded to the elevator.

ding!

She was at her desired floor. Walking towards her room's door.

She sighed and stared at the door that was next to her. Eventually she smiled.

Another person was already occupying that room, and gladly they were also kind neighbors.

She went straight into her couch. She was knocked out. She felt tired. She fell asleep as her phone was ringing.

Krystal calling...

“aishh” She muttered and lazily took the call.

hey queen bae!

hey, are you coming
tomorrow?

of course I am!
it's a big day for you!