Chapter 36: Coma

Stampys POV

Everything was black. I couldn't move or speak in the slightest. All I could do was hear the contanst beeping sounds of machines and every so often a sharp pain in my arm of a needle. Why couldn't I do anything? Why couldn't I move, speak, eat, or even wiggle my fingers? I tried to open my eyes. I don't know if I did or not as everything stayed the same. Black. That was the only colour that I could see. I tried to open my mouth. It was the same situation as it was with my eyes. I couldn't tell if I did so or not. I was certain of one thing though. And that was that I was crying. I could feel the warmness of the tears slowly roll down both sides of my face. 

The sound of a door creaking open hit my ears. I thought that it was a nurse, but then I felt something slip into my hand. It was another hand. It was Squids hand. I don't know why but I could tell. It sounds stupid but now that we have been dating for nearly ten years I could just tell when he was nearby me. With all my heart I wanted to open my eyes and look up at him but no matter how much I tried I just couldn't! It was way to hard. I could still feel the tears running down my face. Could Squid see the tears as well? Or...Or was the room I was laying in dark?

I then heard small whimpers escaping from his mouth. I wasn't normally scared by other people crying but now I was. I was more than scared. I was petrified! Why was he crying? I mean, I might be in some sort of coma at the moment yet surely it couldn't be that sad, right? It was only a freaking coma! Yet again Delia was in a coma. Is this what it felt like? Just not being able to do anything at all? It was just like the whole of your body had shut down yet at the same time it decided to live. I felt a small kiss being planted on the top of my head. 

Right after the kiss I heard the sound of shouting. Well, it was more muffled. Probably because my senses were shutting down as well. The shouting sounded female, and Squid was starting to shout back. Was a doctor or nurse telling him off for...Kissing me? No, please don't say that it is one of those homophobic hospitals! I just wanted to sit up, climb out of my bed and run straight out of this hospital right there and then. I couldn't though. No matter how much I willed my body to move it just wouldn't do it! All I could do was lie there and listen to the shouting with even more tears welling up in my eyes. As well as the tears my nose was running as well, making my face feel as if it was covered in a layer of thick, gooey gel. 

"Stampy! Please wake up! Show the nurse that my so called 'sickness' won't hurt you! Stampy, I know that you may not be even able to talk...Please try and squeeze my hand though. I can start talking to you then! Please! Stampy!" There was real pain in his voice. Pain that I hadn't heard in a very, very long time. I took a deep mental breath and tried my very best to squeeze his hands. I willed for my fingers to tighten around his smooth palm. "S-Stamps...If you don't squeeze my hand they might turn off your drips...Meaning that you will probably die...Pl-please....Don't die..." My index finger suddenly pressed against the back of his hand. It was weak, but I defiantly felt myself doing  it. 

Squid suddenly ripped his hand out of mind, gasping loudly. I heard him shouting something to the nurse, probably about me. With all my heart I wanted to sit up and pull him into a hug yet I knew that wasn't possible. More tears started to pour out of my eyes. This was horrible! How did people stay in comas for years and years without literally dying of boredom? Or did the person that was in the coma just fall asleep after a few months? There was so many questions that were running though my seemingly empty head. How did people in coma's eat food? Drink? Go to the toilet? It had only been around ten minutes since I woke up and my bladder already felt full. 

Hopefully I would still have control over my bodily functions. Or else it would just be a reapet of the petrifying nightmare stage that I had when I was younger, when my mother started abusing me. I never told Squid about that stage, I was to embarrassed to tell him about all the times that I had to drag my bed sheets from my bedroom, down the stairs, and wash them in the kitchen. Then I had to drag the wet sheets back up to my room and sleep on the floor for the rest of the night as they were to damp to sleep on. I could feel my face turning red just from remembering it. I really hoped that it wouldn't be the case. Or else I just wouldn't be able to live with myself.