Chapter 9 - Last Nite

Clem woke up the next morning in her bed with Julian beside her. The clock on her nightstand read 8 am. Their clothes from the night before were all over the floor. She stared into his bare chest that she had her head buried in. He was fast asleep and breathing in a rhythmical manner, blowing through her hair. He had her wrapped tightly in his arms, his fingers in her hair, and his chin rested on top of her head. Their legs were entangled, holding each other with a complete embrace.

She had a small panic attack as she remembered what happened the night before. She kept quiet so she wouldn't wake him up, but a thousand thoughts raced through her mind. It started out with a few small kisses while they were watching The Grinch. Then they went from a few small pecks to passionate kissing. He picked her up off the couch and carried her upstairs to her room, and the rest of the night was a blur.

The last thing she remembered was the thought of what would happen if her parents knew about what happened. What about her friends? Would they look at her, or him, any differently than before? The last person who needed to know was Aleks, because she knew he'd be ready to hunt Julian down.

At the same time, it was an amazing moment. She liked the feeling of his kisses on her skin. He was gentle and passionate with her, with it being her first time. He took his time waiting for her to be ready; the last thing he wanted to do was hurt her.

Finally, disrupting her racing mind, Julian woke up and they shared the panic. He quickly unwrapped his arms and legs and pull the sheets completely over him. He stared around the room, then back down at Clem. He nervously ran his fingers through his ruffled hair.

"I'm so so sorry, Clem!" He apologized. "I have no idea what came over me last night. I started kissing you and then I picked you up and now... Clem, please forgive me."

"Julian, I..." Clem was speechless. Unlike most guys in this similar situation, Julian was truly apologetic. "Don't feel bad, Julian. I helped contribute to this."

"Did I... did I hurt you? They say that it's supposed to hurt the first time." (Kind of got this line from American Horror Story.)

Clem just shook her head. "Not at all. It was amazing."

Julian took his head out of his hands and turned to face her. "Y-you sure? What about your parents, or Morgan, or... Aleks?"

"Yeah, I can't stop thinking about what they're going to say if they find out. But that's an 'if'. A really big 'if'. No one has to know about this. Besides, you were careful."

"Really? If I had hurt you, I would have never forgiven myself." He chuckled, but it was a nervous chuckle. "If anything bad comes out of this... you know... I'll take all the blame for it. You don't deserve to take the fall for my 'heat-of-the-moment' blind stupidity." He laid back down beside her, sheets still pulled up to his neck. He took down one hand and grabbed one of Clem's, entangling his fingers in hers.

"Don't worry, Jules. I wouldn't have had it any other way. You're not like most guys, you know." They laid together for a while longer before Clem went to use the bathroom. She wrapped her bathrobe around her and looked in the mirror. There was a small bite mark under her chin, but it didn't look like it would last long. Her hair, like always, was tangled and in desperate need of a brush.

By the time she got back to her room, Julian was up and getting dressed. "Are you leaving?"

"In a few minutes, yeah. Mom and Sam are probably worried about where I am, so I'll tell them I went for a ride or something this morning."

"Not a complete lie." They both laughed at Clem's cheeky joke.

"Ah, Clem. So, I promise last night will be between us, unless you really need to talk about it."

"Trust me, I don't think Morgan and Aleks will be too interested in hearing about it. Aleks' might get the wrong idea for his upcoming date."

Clem walked downstairs with Julian, still wearing her bathrobe. As she kissed him goodbye and watched him drive off, her mind went back to all of her mixed feelings. So long as no one knew, she was okay with what happened. She closed the door and went back upstairs to put on her pajamas and watch some morning cartoons with a bowl of cereal.

Aleks and Morgan came over later that night to hang out and her family returned home the next morning. Julian and Clem spent Christmas morning with her family and the afternoon with his. Everything was completely normal on the surface. She didn't say a word about the night. As far as they knew, that night never happened.

Well, Morgan did ask why Julian's van was at her house so late. She waited until Aleks had gotten up from their board game hangout to use the restroom. Clem came clean about it. Morgan didn't judge her or look at her any differently, but Aleks was still in the dark. It was done that way in the interest of everyone. Some time passed before that would end up changing.

A/N: Short chapter, I know, but I wanted to get this out quickly. I just wanted to do something that would finish what the last chapter started. The next chapter will be the end of part one and that'll be out soon, so sit tight!