chapter twelve: a plus one

'tonight huh?' amelia thought to herself as she rested the back of her head against the wall of her shower. the almost scorching hot crusade of water pelleted her skin.

it was so strange that once the idea of water getting in her eyes scared her, but now gazing straight at the shower head with water pooling in her eyes, she didn't mind.

if anything the sting helped to suppress her anxiety as she stared off into a non-existent world. her heart thundered loudly in her chest and her chest rose and fell with her heaving breaths.

she had been combing a hand through her hair when her hands retreated to suppress a thunder of coughs.

she had not yet gotten better however, at least her flow had finally ended and it felt like she could finally think straight.

now that she could think straight though, she only worried. she worried about what to wear, about the people that would be there and most importantly... she worried about him.

mr. h. cavill

wasn't it odd that he hadn't only given her the whole week off, but also invited her as his plus one? was it possible that he had a took on a liking to her.

she flushed as her hand froze to hover over the door of her closet.

she had been zoning in and out so much that every time she zoned back in, she was doing something else.

spinning through her choices of clothing though she lost herself in thought again. after all, the thought wasn't very far-fetched. for one, whenever she was looking at him he always lost his gaze.

she also has never heard him chuckle with anyone else; he smiles but never chuckles.

he even offered her a ride home while obviously giving her the eyes; the eyes that everyone learned from some unspoken subject in high school.

does he...want me that way?

erupting in a bout of coughs and turning a brighter shade, amelia chewed at the insides of her cheeks and pulled out a sparkly burgundy fitted dress with lace details stretching along the sides.

"this then." she thought leaning more to the sexual appeal side whilst she still feverishly chewed on the insides of her cheeks.

as her preparations continued, her thoughts became more sordid; imagining what the experience would be like.

even so her selection of underwear morphed with her thoughts. she had even considered wearing none at all.

as she tried harder to imagine his body completely naked and imagine the texture of each muscle under the swells of her lips and the tip of her tongue, she unintentionally tightened the pink microfiber towel around her body.

of course she had a few experiences but not since university. though it was only months since she graduated, it felt like years had passed.

moreover, none of the experiences were very pleasurable.

adding her final touches with bold red lipstick and gold drop earrings, she exhaled and stared at herself hard in the mirror. it was the first time in twenty-four hours that she had actually been trying to focus.

rightfully without her glasses she couldn't .

which led to the final adornment, the thin rimmed golden framed glasses which complemented her look, her piney eyes seeming to smile at her like her aunt did.

- - -

when amelia was picked up she was surprised to see that mr. cavill wasn't in the vehicle and at first her heart fell in fear, confusion and disappointment.

later it was understood that he had been flown in earlier from Canada so he would be meeting them at the venue.

what if he doesn't show at all? Baka baka baka

her mind was riddled with worries of him not arriving and she had not realized she had gone off in a trance again until they finally arrived and she was staring at a grand luxurious conference center.

with a long exhale, she had reluctantly left the luxurious vehicle and took confident strides up the stairs.

certainly the stares that followed her slim wide hipped stature were to compliment her, yet she couldn't help but feeling the confident facade tremble.

it was even harder to keep her head up when she arrived in the lobby, not wanting to enter without her boss.

ultimately, she felt a crack in her countenance and immediately began to clamber for her phone as she walked to the safety of a corner in the room.

her breathing left her in short quick breathes like she had been running a marathon and she began to enter her dazed state of mind.

it wasn't until she found his name in her contact list that she felt a presence behind her.

dark and overpowering.

silence followed almost immediately and she gasped when she felt a hand snake around her waist. looking down she saw the large pale hands with darkly painted nails around her shoulder and her phone clattered to the ground.

her mind swam as his head bent to the nape of her neck from behind, taking in a deep whiff of her fragrance.

what comes after inhale? what's the next step? her brain fumbled over the procedures of breathing.

"Mr. C-cavill" she stuttered not being able to understand his sudden change of demeanor from reserved to overbearing.

as if reading her thoughts, he stepped back but captured her hand in his - gently. stepping to her side now he smiled pleasantly and she tripped into the oasis of his silver eyes.

" henry tonight, amelia" he corrected and the flutters of unknown creatures in her stomach took her over.

she exhaled with a smile not being able to remove her eyes from him.