He Finds Out You Were Abused - Levi

"Y/N!"

You awoke with your boyfriend leaning over and shaking you. "What's going on?"

"Who's Michael? You were crying in your sleep about him."

You stayed silent. Of all names Levi could know, Michael's couldn't be one of them. The flashbacks hit you harder with every breath. Every kick, slap, and degrading comment that left his filthy lips crashed over you in waves.

"Y/N. Who the hell is Michael?"

"I don't know." You whispered, trying not to give yourself away. Michael was a conversation for another time that wasn't in the middle of the night.

"You were yelling and thrashing, I think you know."

"Levi, I don't want to talk about it. Please, it's late."

"Really, Y/N?"

"No, Levi, drop it."

"No, I won't just drop it because you're clearly not alright. Plus, your breathing's faster than normal. Tell me who he is." He scooted himself closer to you and gently rested his hand on your shoulder, only for you to flinch it away. You heard a sad exhale from him behind you.

"God, Levi, why does it matter?" You sighed, feeling frustrated at both your past with Michael and Levi's persistence to know it. "He's just... not a very nice person from a long time ago, okay?"

Levi was quiet for a while. He said nothing and you thought you had finally satisfied his thirst to know, then several moments he hit the nail on the head.

"He beat you, didn't he?"

Your breathing stilled. "How did you know?"

"I had a feeling that someone hadn't been good to you from the start. You're jumpy and apologize twice as much as the entire Scout Regiment combined."

"I'm not a battered woman, you know?"

"I know. You're far too strong to be that. I love you and I'll always protect you. He's not coming back." He murmured into your shoulder, wrapping his arms around you and pulling you close.

This time, you nuzzled back against him rather than flinching. "Thank you, Levi."

~H