Chapter 41 Power

"You've been speaking to God since you were born?" Eliza asks very skeptically.

"Most definitely...and a little before as well." I say.

"Why?" She just stares at me in incredulousness.

Should I tell the truth, some of the truth, lie, or change the subject of the conversation? Let's say the latter two, "I don't know but at least the continents are safe for now." I say with the best grin I can make.

When neither of them say or do anything, I slowly allow my fake grin to recede. "Let's just leave." I suggest.

"If you're all powerful, prove it." Eliza says.

"I don't think I need to after what I just did to your dad but, sure, why not?" After a slight pause I continue, "There's only one problem. I don't know what I could do."

"Allow Anne to use more magic types." She suggests.

Hmm, I guess I could probably do that. I'll attempt to again use my power. I close my eyes and think of Anne, individually using each type of magic she isn't able to at the current moment with a fair amount of skill involved so she will actually be able to do something.

After taking quite a number of moments going through them all, I open my eyes to see if anything happened. The two of them are still staring at me. "Well, what are you waiting for, try it out."

"How was I supposed to know? You just closed your eyes, stood there and opened them again." Anne says slightly dejectedly.

"Just try." Eliza insists.

Anne complies to both of our requests and starts with the common magic types. She begins with making a fire ball in front of herself. Her faced immediately brightens. "It worked!"

"Please continue." Eliza tries to keep her on track.

"Sorry, this is just so exciting!" Anne continues to make more balls of separate types of magic at once.

Once eight balls of magic, corresponding to the common and rare types, have been made, she gets rid of them and tries to make a portal out of space magic. When she succeeds, she steps through, Eliza and I follow close behind her.

After walking through, we are back at our home/headquarters. Continuing to remove the magic, she teleports to the front door of the building. I'll take a wild guess she just used time magic. I can't imagine the horrendous things bad people could do with that magic.

Anne enters through the front door and walks away. Eliza starts following her while I look at the previous wreckage of the house. Nothing has changed since the last time we've been here. I could probably do something about this.

After imagining the building rebuilding itself back into it's former self, I watch as the first few pieces of debris get set in place. Following the other two, I also decide to go inside.

Before I manage to reach the door, it gets opened for me. "Welcome Miss Jessica." A butler says as he holds it wide.

"Haven't seen any of you in quite a while, nor have I had anything done for me. Thank you." I respond and the butler bows to me.

"It is my job. The rest are in the dining room."

Without any other words I walk towards the dining room. The house seems a lot smaller than it once did. Probably because we've been wandering around in wide open spaces.

Upon reaching the dining room I see everyone is eating breakfast quietly. I guess it's the right time of day since we woke up and went straight to the top floor. Everyone is in their normal seats so I walk over and hop into mine as well, which has a plate on it.

Hmm, I think I know why I haven't been hungry for a while. I take a bite, unsure of whether I would be able to still digest it after my recent transcendence into God. After chewing and swallowing, nothing comes back up so I decide to slowly finish the meal.

"I'm glad you finally ate something." My mother says.

"How did you know I haven't been eating?" I ask.

"Anne has told us all about what has happened over the past few days. Is there anything you would be willing to tell us yourself?"

I'll just take that as her talking about the battle we had. "We defeated the Great Evil."

"Is there anything else?"

"Well, nothing else really major happened."

I take a glance back at the other two to see deadpanned faces. I roll my eyes and turn back to my parents, "I also became God."

"Interesting, so these two didn't make that up." My father says.

"How do you know I wasn't lying?"

"Well if you think you need to prove yourself, by all means, make a miracle happen or something else incredible."

"Hmm, do you both want to be able to use all types of magic?"

"No thank you." They both say at almost the exact same moment.

"Well I already fixed the house back to the way it was, I'm sure someone saw that happen." They decide it's their turn to stare at me.

"Why does everyone keep staring at me? I'm just God, that's all. For all I know, I could be for the rest of time, since I definitely do not trust the last God when he said he'd be back in a few thousand years." I continue.

"Wait you spoke to the last one?" My mother says surprised.

"I already had a very similar conversation with these two. We'd been talking for years before he said he was going on vacation."

"Gods can go on vacation?"

"Obviously. It they couldn't, I probably would still be yelling at him."

"It isn't good to anger Gods." Eliza says nonchalantly.

"I was the one that was angry at him. He just listened."

"Do you know what you are going to do while you wait for him to return? If he ever does." Anne asks.

"I'm not quite sure, but it will definitely be a boring experience. I'll definitely be able to live since I don't seem to need any sort of nutrients to survive and I definitely won't be aging."

Maybe I'll just find a hole somewhere and force myself into hibernation for...the foreseeable future.