#17: Competition

Rose POV:

I entered the dance studio with anxiety running through me, I was confident in my dance routine but I wasn't sure if I was gonna executed properly. Either way, I had one goal into my mind and that was to win this thing.

Every trainee was practicing their routine passionately, they also wanted to win as much as I did. Although we were all friends, the atmosphere was thick it felt as if we were fighting for our survival, which in a way is kinda true.

A moment later, the dance instructor stepped in alongside 3 surprise guests. I wasn't able to see their faces at first but when I did, let's just say I wasn't very confident anymore.

"Hello everyone, I would like to introduce you to my co-judges who you would be going on a tour with" the dance instructor announced

"Hi, I'm Hyunjin from stray kids" Hyunjin said followed by Minho and Felix who did the same introduction as him.

"And now that all the confusion is out of the way, let's start"

Once we were all seated, the first trainee to be evaluated was called, she introduced herself and did her choreography which was for the elegant concept.

I was uncomfortable the entire time, either fidgeting in my seat or biting my nails. All the trainees that danced were great even better than I was.

They were so amazing that they captured all the stray kids members attention, it made me a little jealous that Minho looked interested in them.

I was starting to feel uneasy as my turn neared. Jiwon already went and had everyone go breathless, especially Hyunjin's who looked like he was ready to just eat her up.

One by one, all the trainees went and then it was my turn. When I was called I made myself an embarrassing mess by tripping on my feet twice. My anxiety level was over the roof at this point and I started losing hope I would make it.

I introduced myself and through the corner of my eyes, I could see Minho and Felix smiling at me. Minho made a little 'you can do it' move and I grinned at it as I waited for the music to start. Once it did, I made sure to give it my all. If I wasn't going to make it at least I could say that I tried

after 2 minutes of intense dancing, the music stopped and now I was in front of the judges waiting for their reaction.

"woah, she was very cool what do you guys think" the dance instructor commented

"That choreography looked like it was made by a professional choreographer," Minho smirked and I couldn't help but grin a little bit at his sarcastic response

after Hyunjin comment, it was time for Felix to say something. My heart was beating the most for his reaction. I'm not even sure why but I was hoping I made a great impression on him

"Well, I think her moves are very sharp, she can definitely dance smoothly and I was really content with the entire routine" Felix smiled as he looked at me in the eyes

I sighed in relief even though I was a bit disappointed. I was expecting more from him but I guess that would do for now.

After I was dismissed, it was time to announce the winners who will be going on a tour with the members of stray kids. We stood in a line in front of the judges' table and waited patiently for their response.

"Ladies, you were amazing today but sadly we could only pick 3 winners. Don't be discouraged if you don't get chosen there is always a next time and you should train harder for it" the dance instructor spoke looking at us with a warm smile.

A clipboard was passed from Minho to the middle aged man, these were the results. Whoever name's was on that clipboard was granted a tour with JYP most famous rookies

The first name was called, Lee Jieun. It was expected since she made an impact on all the judges and trainees with her powerful dancing.

After the cheers calmed down, the second name was called, Kim Jiwon. She had to make it too, she was just too talented at dancing it would be a shame if she didn't.

This was time for the last name, I was completely hopeless but kept a smile on my face. I noticed the boys were also looking back at me with a smile, it made my heart ease up a bit.

"And the last trainee who made it would be, Rose Lee" once my name was called my heart jumped in joy, I made it.

"And that's all for today, remember if you didn't make it that doesn't mean you're not talented or good enough keep trying harder for future opportunities " the dance instructor tried motivating the losing trainees

Once he left with the stray kids members, us the winning 3 screamed and jumped in delight as the rest of the trainees congratulated us.

I was sure I was accepted because of the stray kids members and I kinda felt bad, but what can I do?