1. Pilot

WHERE HEARTS COLLIDED

''Mom!'' Even though it was the gazillion time that I yelled for her, there was still no answer and I continued to stumble about in the room

''Mom!'' Screaming at the top of my lungs hadn't worked so far but hope died hard, or so I've heard.
I continued stumbling upon the mess of clothes scattered on the floor and paced around as I called for my genitor, but nothing seemed to work; those damned jeans wouldn't come past my ankles.

Maybe the fact that I was putting them on in a hurry had to do with the one that I was being so careless but even so, I couldn't take the time to stop and put them on properly.

I slid them farther up and felt my foot slip into something and out of the jeans.
I used a tad bit more strength and heard a rip.
No, not now.
Definitely not now!

As if on cue, the door creaked open and I jumped around in the ripped leg.
''What's with all the yelling?''

''This!'' I pointed to the hole in my jeans and let my hands fall to my sides.

''Isn't that supposed to be a fashion design or something?'' She asked of all things and started picking up the clothes on the floor.

''What? No! Mom, this is no fashion design of any sort! This is,'' I let out a breath and took the jeans off, ''This is a disaster.''

''Okay, stop.''
I looked at her as I folded the jeans back onto my bed.
''Actually, rewind, please.''

''Those damned jeans wouldn't come up so I pushed them up a little and now they're ruined!'' I pointed to the pair on the bed. Useless!

''Ivy, you're being dramatic.'' She chuckled and put a hand on the doorknob, the other holding up some clothes she'd picked on the floor.

''Am I really?'' I raced away from her and rummaged through my wardrobe. I already had on a shirt but had to pick decent bottoms, on top of that, I hadn't shaved my legs so it could only be jeans. Wonderful.

''Yes, you are. What are you doing all dressed up anyway?''
I turned my head so I could stick my tongue out at her but she shrugged me off and came to stand right behind me.
''Okay, half dressed up, but that doesn't answer my question.''

''School.'' I answered wearily as at least a thousand skirts, trousers and sweatpants fell on the floor.
I heard a scoff behind me and the magnificent noise old wood made when it was being stepped on.

''And since when are you so excited to go to school anyway? I practically have to drag you out of the house every morning.''
Maybe since the new girl that's supposed to complete the secret circle of witches I'm forming with a bunch of people I'm not even friends with is arriving today. But that made a long reply; not to mention she didn't know I knew that I was a witch.