17

[here is the update! thanks for sticking by! have a great day. :)

It's been a month since the agreement and I couldn't be more happier that Calum and I have come to terms, finally. He have been staying over in his sadly, still secret room in the shop lately which gives away that we have been frequently hanging out and we have gotten along pretty great, I must say. Except for some days when he would merely talk to me but I have grown to get used to all of it. He just has bad days and it is part of him so if I was a true friend then, I would accept it which I did. It was a horror trying to fight it away and now I've learnt that the best way to deal with those days is to not deal with it at all.

Yesterday, I have moved in to my very own apartment. It's not too big and too small neither, it is just right for me and for some friends. Thank God Luke helped me in finding this one. I found a new job as a barista but I still worked for Calum during my free hours for extra income.

Tonight, I have my friends coming over to help me with final touches and celebrate my new home. I swear the boys would find every reason to celebrate and it kind of feels good somehow because every achievement is an achievement no matter how small someone would think of it. They never really made me or any of the group feel like they have done no progress in life.

"Hey." I said, holding my phone to my right ear.

"Hey."

"Are things okay?"

"No. Yeah, yeah. I just called to tell you that I won't make it tonight."

"Nooo. You got to be here." I whined.

"I'm sorry to be cancelling so late. Family stuff."

"Oh. Okay. I get it."

"Yeah, well. I hope you guys have fun."

"Okay then. You too. And you're welcome to drop if you get the chance."

"Right, thanks. See you, Stella."

"Bye, ash."

I sighed as I scroll to my contacts and send Luke a quick text, informing him about Ashton's cancelation, in which he replied:

luke: aw. dw, stella. we be there!

I tossed my phone on the small couch and then checked if the pasta was cooked. The next hour consisted of me preparing meals for the night. Ryle and Luke arrived a couple of minutes ago and now, Ryle's preparing the table as Luke and I try to display a painting in different places to check where it suits best.

"Oh, hi Mike." I greeted as Michael slacked himself to the couch.

"I am so tired. Calum have been dragging me all around ikea to find a nice fucking plant to get you." He groaned, squeezing his eyes shut.

"It was supposed to be a surprise, Michael." Calum entered, carrying a huge plant.

"A house gift." He handed me it with a small smile.

"Ooh. Thanks. It's heavy." I coughed before placing it in the corner of the living room.

"Can we eat, now? I'm so hungry." Michael asked and the group laughed.

"Table is ready!" Ryle announced.

The dinner was full of planning for my place, design and things and work conversations. It was entertaining to have people come over to my place. My own place. People whom I consider my friends, eating dinner together. Can't things get any better?

Luke popped a bottle of champagne, pouring in each of our wine glasses.

"To, Stella's new home!" He raised his glass and we mimicked the gesture.