Complications

Straight in front of her sat her soulmate. The person she was encouraged into believing was her true love, sat in the boothe straight across from her, embraced in his families love. She just sat there witnessing the love of her life slip away from her, and she was furious. Though, every now and then he would gaze over at her with guilt possessed inside of him. She caught him a few times, with that she would look away. Even though her body language and facial expression displayed hatred, deep down inside she just wanted to run up to him and kiss him passionately on the lips. Though she had to admit, she was happy that he had a family; especially because she believed she could not provide that for him. He already had Roland, who's mother sat beside him. The mother which gave birth to him and loved him with all her heart. Thats what worried Regina. If Robin would have chosen her, her heart  would have hurt even more than it already does because not only was she taking Robin away from his resurected wife, but it would mean she could take away Roland too. With that thought on her mind, she wouldn't want for any human-being especially a mother to go through what she was going through. She had to accept Robin's decision and she promised herself that she would try. Really try her hardest, for she did not want to break up a family.

"Is there anything else you would like madame mayor?" Granny ask politely and Regina looks down at her phone, which now displayed 7:30am.

"Ahh - No thank you Granny. I must be going.........and would you stop calling me madame mayor." Regina replied with an annoyed look hung upon her face. "My name's Regina."

Granny looks at Regina in confusion for a second before raising her hands slighty in defense and continues to do her job.

Before Regina could get down off her seat, her phone rings. The caller ID displays 'Emma.' She was just about to press the red button, until she notices Robin stand up and walk straight towards her. Regina looks down at her phone and immediately answers it.

"What do you want swan?" She asks in annoyance to Emma ringing her.

Robin sighs and quickly turns towards the till.

"Goodmorning to you to Regina. I just wanted to see how you were doing." Emma replies.

"How the hell do you think im doing?" She threatens, whispering through the phone.

"Look about the other night, im so-"

Regina cuts her off stating, "Look i don't give a rats ass about your opinions. Enjoy the rest of your day Miss Swan and don't call me again."  Before Regina tries to hang up she hears Emma pleading

"Regina wait, It's Henry."

Frightened by Emma's response, Regina quickly asks, "What? What about Henry?" Worried that something bad has happened to him, she snatches her things from off the counter and quickly makes her way outside.

"He wants to talk to you." Emma replies hopping that Regina won't hang up the phone.

"Put him on the phone Swan!" She shouts agitated by Emma's voice.

("Henry..." Emma calls)

"Mum?" Henry questions through the phone.

"Honey, what's wrong?" Asks Regina, concerned about the poor boy.

"Nothing mum. I just wanted to see how you were doing!"

Regina exhales heavily at the sound of Henry's words. She didn't know how to answer his question. She didn't really know how she was feeling at this point in time. She couldn't lie to him but she couldn't tell him the truth either. She didn't want her problems to be a burden on him.

"Mum? Is everything okay?" Henry asks waiting nervously for a reply.

"Ahh - Yeah. Everythings fine honey. Is that all you wanted to know?" She replies hopping Henry would say yes so that she could hurry home and drown in an ocean of her own tears.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Henry im sure. Now was that all you wanted to know?"

"Not exactly. I was hopping that maybe me and you could hang out today, or i could sleep at home tonight?"

"Look honey, as great as that sounds i think its best that you stay with Emma for a while. I don't think i have enough energy to do the things you enjoy doing." Regina lets out saddened by the fact that she was lying to her son.

"Mum, i don't care if you don't have the energy. I wanna do what ever you want to do, and if that means sitting around all day doing nothing, then so be it." Awfully concerned about his mother, Henry hopes she doesn't push him away by making up some lame excuse.

"Henry im sorry, but maybe another day."

"Mum -" Henry exclaims over the phone, now hearing the *beep beep* noise through the phone realising Regina has hung up on him.

Regina looks down at her phone sighing. Just as she is about to walk off she hears her name being called by an all too familiar voice. She ignors the person and continues to walk. As she is about to cross the road she feels a hand clutch on to her arm and she is being whisked into him.