The Nights Still Young

Regina sat there sobbing away but slowly calmed herself down, stopping the stream of tears from escaping her eyes. As she silently sat on the cold ground, Regina thought about what Robin had done to her. How he made her feel, every time she was with him. How it felt to be able to kiss his soft and gentle lips, and how the scent of forest would caress his body which Regina loved. The fact that he was a father and a good one at that, with the way he took care of Roland, and occasionally Henry too because Regina was busy at work or sorting out things with the Charmings, including Emma and Hook, brought tears to her eyes. Robin brought happiness into her life again and she adored him for it.

However, Regina didn't expect for things to change so suddenly, especially like this. Within 24 hours, Marian, Robin Hoods supposedly 'dead' wife had returned from the enchanted forest with Emma and Hook. Regina had found out that she was the one who executed Marian, or at least ordered her men to do it. She's been called a monster and as a result of that, Robin has chosen his wife over Regina even though he loves Regina more. With that in mind, she has also lost Roland. The little bundle of joy she saw and nourished just as she would, her own child.

"How can this be happening to me?" Regina whispered to herself, now with tears filling her eyes.

'Dammit Regina, pull yourself together.' A voice inside told her. 'He obviously doesn't care for you and it is unhealthy for such a noble queen to show such weakness.'

Regina obeyed. She shot up like a rocket, dusting herself off from the back and straightening her skirt and blouse in the front. She may be a nervous wreck but this woman had the confidence and dignity of a queen, and she wasn't going to let anyone take that away from her. Even if that someone was the love of her life. She flicked her hair back and walked towards her desk, retrieving her mobile and her purse. Although upset, she needed to take her mind off of that outlawed thief and alcohol was her only solution.

She marched on out of her office, not forgetting to grab her coat and lock the door behind her. She looked at the time on her phone it displayed 20:30pm, and she said to herself "The night's still young", and so it was; and only felt younger as she gulped down more than a few glasses of red wine. She was way over the limit which didn't bother her because she was walking home tonight, alone. After a while people in granny's started noticing that Regina was drinking more than her usual, causing her to become more and more intoxicated by the minute. With eyes glaring at her, Regina responded-

"What are you all looking at? Either mine your own business or get the hell out of this diner!"

Most of the people in Granny's that evening just gave her a disgusted look and turned the other cheek, while others stood up and left after thanking granny for the food and sharing their opinions on Regina's behaviour, as if she cared.

As Regina took the last sip out of her hundredth glass of red wine, she let out a sigh.

"Another granny." She demanded raising her glass towards granny's direction.

"Actually thats enough for you tonight. You need to get home and get some rest, and my lovely grandaughter will help you with that." Granny explained as she took Regina's glass and called upon Ruby.