Aftermath

Author's Note: Old Update!

Hey, to those of you who are reading this, thank you for reading my fanfic. I hope you've enjoyed the previous chapters so far. Anyways, i'm kinda struggling at the moment and this chapter, i've just decided to wing it. I'm not really sure what you are going to think, but just bare in mind the author is improvising as she goes; however, hope you like it and please vote. Thanks.

New Update:

I hope this doesn't confuse any new readers. I was going to delete the following above, but thought, better just leave it be. Kinda how i let this story be. Not really putting any major thoughts into it but kinda just, letting it write itself along the way, which is pretty ironic, considering here I am editing/rewriting it 3 years later, having never imagined i'd be doing this now; when i was actually writing it all those years ago...lol. Anyway, hope you're enjoying the story :) 

With the shuffle of her keys and frustration as to why her key would not unlock her front door, she finally gave up and handed her keys over to Ruby to unlock the door. With no hesitation Ruby takes the bunch of keys and slips one of the keys into the keyhole. With a twist of her hand, the door unlocks and before she has the chance to turn the door handle in order for it to open, Regina has managed to do that herself after shoving Ruby to the side and making her way into her mansion.

"Your welcome, Regina!" Ruby mentions in a sarcastic tone, then removes the bunch of keys from the now unlocked door handle.

"Im home!" The sound echoes through the foyer, spreading through the house.

"Ahh - Regina...who are you talking to?" Ruby asks, looking at Regina like she's some crazy woman.

Regina stares at Ruby with a strange expression on her face. After a few seconds, she bursts out into laughter. Ruby looks at her trying to figure out why Regina mentioned she was home, to an empty house, and why she was now full of laughter. 

Ruby decides maybe it's just best if she plays along, so she starts to giggle awkwardly. Then Ruby realises, it's the alcohol that's doing the talking. The awkward laughter stops and before Ruby can say anything, Regina is making her way up the stairs to her bedroom.

"Oh! Uhmm...okay...ahh..." Ruby looks up towards the stairs."Regina, your keys are on the table next to the door. I'm going to let myself out now. Goodnight!" Ruby shouts after a little hesitation, and she hears her own words echoed throughout the foyer, leading into the rest of the house. She waits a couple of seconds to see if Regina would reply. 

After hearing no response, Ruby quietly lets herself out of the mayor's house, locking the door behind her and then shutting it.

| NEXT MORNING |

Her clock strikes, allowing her alarm to scream like crazy. Within a matter of seconds she jumps up with a fright. She quickly manages to work her way through the sheets and slams her fist down, causing the horrendous sound to deactivate. With one eye open and one eye close she blinks in frustration realising that it was 6:30am. With her head now pounding as a result of her wise choices last night, and making things worse her alarm, she slowly releases herself from her comfortable bed only to sit on the edge of it, realising she has a hangover.

As her head pounds in agony, she manages to curse herself before slowly moving her way through her bedroom and down into the kitchen.

As she rummaged her way through her cabinets, she couldn't find the thing she was looking for. She tried searching the drawers, there was nothing. "DAMMIT! The one time i need a damn aspirin and there isn't anymore left. Where the hell did it all go to?" Regina says to her inner-self before remembering that she had given the last one to Robin the night he slept over, after getting himself drunk in Regina's lounge. With the thought of Robin on her mind she knew it would probably hurt her head more than the effect of the hangover. 

So as quickly as she could, she lead herself upstairs back into her bedroom and started to remove her clothes, not before noticing that she was still dressed in yesterday's outfit. She then headed into her bathroom to have a shower. After ten minutes she was dressed in her usual business like dress that tightened around her delicate body, revealing her sexy curves and her beautifully toned legs. 

Strapping on her heals, Regina then lifted herself up and observed her bedroom. It was dark and her bed was a mess, she felt like a vampire. With the snap of her fingers, her bed was made leaving behind no wrinkles in the sheets and her drapes to be drawn, allowing the sunlight to brighten up the room and cause Regina's eyes to be blinded by the light. She almost tripped over, while stepping back trying to hide from the light. Turning the other cheek, Regina reached for her sunglasses on her dresser and places them over her eyes. She then looked at her reflection in the mirror noting that this wasn't her bestest accessory to match her outfit, but hell no was she going to let the sun burn the living day lights out of her eyes, especially in a situation like this. 

Regina now felt the urge to drink something as her throat was now tensing up. She picks up her purse and mobile phone from her dresser before rushing down the amount of staircases as she makese her way into her kitchen for the second time that morning. Opening the fridge she grabs the jug of ice cold orange juice and a glass from the cabinet and chugs down the divine liquid after pouring it into the glass. She manages to let down three full glasses before making her way out the door, not forgetting to lock it and grab her keys from off the table wear Ruby had left them.