You've Killed People, But We Still Love You (Spoiler)

Nagi Aiza's POV

I always want to know about Arima-sensei's new life as a pilot and Onii-chan as a soldier, and as I keep training with Seto-Sensei and my own mentor in Okutsu, Mr. Takahashi I often asked how he is.

They can't give me the detail. But as I look at the news each night about the war my hope slowly but surely increased, as North Koreans are losing the fight, that they will come home alive.

My brother's letter from the front, however, was the defining moment.

His letter told me, Otoo-san, and Okaa-san that Kousei had no regret at all with Emi as they are flying, shooting down enemy planes on their way and become "Aces" in which he explained it's definition; fighter pilots that had shot down five enemy planes or more. Just like Onii-chan said that he agreed with Kousei's mentor that if he, or Kousei, or Emi don't honor the call, they won't have any audience. The war forced me to better understanding our situation, politically. Especially about Korean conflict and how Onii-chan and Arima-sensei were drawn to it. 

I'm proud of them, but I also concerned about how they will cope with the reality of they are killing people. To be frank I'm afraid that Arima-sensei won't be as cheerful in teaching piano to me as he saw people die out there. I don't want him to become his late mother, while I know the circumstances were different.

A year later, the war is over. The leader that the American president once called the Rocket Man is dead. Everyone were celebrating, but I still don't know if Onii-chan survived, while Arima-sensei, Igawa-chan, and their friends survived, upon I saw their faces on TV.

When I saw Onii-chan marched proudly with the rest of our Army on the streets of Tokyo and then Arima-sensei, up above, inside his plane, leading the formation of fighters with Emi on his side, in an exciting formation, along with Watari and Tsubaki which also flew their own jet I immensely feel a sense of relief, but also realization that his life, and Arima-sensei, and Emi, Tsubaki, and Watari, won't be the same, and I should accept and keep giving them love, and music, they need.

They've killed people, but the said people are those who started the war in the first phase against Japan and South Korea, and they had done their duty.

They've killed people, but I, no, we, will still love you, Onii-chan, Arima-sensei, Igawa-chan, Sawabe-chan, and Ryouta-kun. As in the end, you are creating a new peace up there in Korea, and a new source of pride for our country and our people.