A Simple Fall

Zayns POV:

I decided to go looking for Winter when my mom got home and let me use the car. I drove around looking for her. I gave up trying to call her because her phone was either off or dead. I knew I wouldn’t find her, but I had a feeling about where she might be.

I pulled into the parking lot of the park we spent a lot of time at. Its kind of abandoned so we used to hang out there when no one knew about us. I hopped out of the car and surely enough I saw her car across the lot. I walked towards the playground and saw her slightly swinging on the swings. I walked over to her and sat in the one next to her.

“Wanna talk about it?” I asked.

“No.” She pouted.

“Are you sureee?” I said cutely.

“Im sorry Zayn… I just… I just lost it. I was so upset about feeling like I was losing everything all at once. But I realized that I may have lost a lot, but I still finally have you.”

I opened my arms for her and she came over to sit on my lap. I kissed her nose and she giggled. She went to mess up my hair but I jumped out of the seat before she could.

“NO! No more gushy love stuff if you’re gonna do that! That is not allowed” I started to back away from her as she followed with a devilish grin on her face

“Oh really Zayn?” She kept stepping closer to make and I made a run for it.

“YOU’LL NEVER CATCH ME WIN” I ran around the park and she chased me around.

“GIVE UP ZAYN, I’M GONNA GET YOU” I ran up the steps of the playground and ran to the top, without thinking I jumped of the top. It was something I’ve normally done, but this time it was different.

All of a sudden I felt sick and I saw that I was on the ground. I looked down at my ankle and it was swelling up. It was red and I felt like I was gonna pass out.

“Zayn?! Zayn?!?!” She ran over to me “Are you okay? Zayn!”

“Huh? What…? No.. Winter, it hurts really bad…”

“What Zayn??” I pointed down to my ankle.

“Shit! Its huge, c’mon we gotta get you to a hospital, now.”

She helped me up and I leaned on her while hopping towards her car. She helped me into the passenger seat and ran to the other side. She started the engine and drove. The pain was getting increasingly worse, I felt terrible. The nearest hospital was like 30 minutes away. I sat back and tried to ignore it but just couldn’t.

“Zayn, put your foot up on the dashboard. It will help you feel better. Im driving as fast as I can babe, hang tight”

I lifted my foot up and said “Don’t speed, its hurts but I can wait. I’d rather get there alive than not at all.”

She slowed down a bit and kept on asking me how it felt. I kind of zoned out though. I just wanted it to go away.