ii.

The following day entails the same, boring task list. Clean the tables. Wash the dishes. And most importantly, clean the bathrooms. However, tonight he was also in charge of locking up.

"I know I'm not supposed to do this," his coworker, Changbin, sighs. "But I really have to get home early. Don't tell anyone, please."

"It's not like I have anyone to tell. Plus, we'd both get our heads chopped off, so your secret is safe with me," Jisung presses his thumb and index finger together, running them across his lips as if to zip them. He reaches to accept the key ring from Changbin's forefinger.

"Thank you," Changbin whispers in relief.

And with that, the older boy rushes home. Leaving Jisung with nothing but the revolting men's room. It's times like these when he wishes he was a girl. They only have to clean their bathrooms every other day. Even then, it's nowhere near as disgusting as the men's room.

However, cleaning went a lot smoother than the previous time. He didn't kneel in pee, nor did he almost throw up. He found it easier to daydream as his gloved hands scrubbed the ins and outs of the toilet. But, of course, the occasional drip of the leaky faucet sent him back into reality.

When he finished, he gathered his things in his arms, standing up and slowly evacuating. All until he saw another note in the crevice of the stall.

Please just text me :(

There was an arrow pointing to the original number. Still, a weird feeling found its way around Jisung's stomach despite the message's urgency. It's probably connected to a sex trafficking circle, he thought.

He stumbled out of the restroom, juggling the seemingly endless bottles of cleaner. His footsteps quickened as he felt himself losing grip. By the time he'd reached the janitor's closet, he had lost the spray bottle of bleach that was resting on top.

"Fuck," he muttered, placing the ones that made the walk back where he'd got them from.

He retraced his steps to find the bottle. It had rolled under one of the booths closest to the bathroom. He squatted beneath the table, blindly swatting his hand around in hopes of finding it.

As Jisung disappeared beneath the table, the door to the restaurant swung open.

"Excuse me, can I use your restroom?"

Jisung flinched at the sudden voice, banging his head on the table. "Ow," he winced, cradling his head.

He peeks his head out from under the table. "Sorry, we're closed."

The boy frowns, glancing over his shoulder to observe the dark, empty street for another open shop. He really needed to pee, and this restaurant was the only place open within a four block radius. His only hope for sanctuary.

"Please, I'll only be a minute," he pleads, rocking back and forth on his feet.

Jisung assures himself he won't fall victim to the table again before standing. He stands aimlessly for a moment. 

Finally, he caves.

"Be quick."

The boy bows to his lifesaver with a grateful grin. He rushes past Jisung and disappears into the freshly clean restroom. At least if he makes a mess, Jisung will know the culprit. The boy with the bunny smile.