xiii.

The bubbly laughter rose into the air and faded into the darkness along with the breath of hot air Minho released with it. Jisung watched in admiration as the boy's body swung through the air with ease. He kicked at the mulch beneath the swing he was sitting on and smiled to himself.

"You're horrible for telling him that," Minho said with a bright smile sitting on his lips.

"That's what best friends are for, right?" Jisung looked back at Minho just as he was thrusting his legs up into the air.

The silence fell upon them quicker than the sun in winter. But it wasn't awkward. In fact, Jisung found himself letting his mind drift back to the kiss. Every detail of Minho's lips still felt like they were pressed against Jisung's as he traced his own lips with his finger.

He was so invested in reliving the moment he couldn't hear Minho's feet dragging against the mulch as he came to a stop.

"What are you smiling like that for?" Minho asks, cocking his head to the side with curiosity filling his tone.

Jisung adjusted his gaze to the boy, pupils dilating with love as they settled. "Nothing. Do you want to go get ice cream?"

"It's winter, Jisung. Why would I want to get ice cream?"

"Then we'll get hot chocolate. Just let tonight be our first, please. My treat."

Minho was grateful that the only thing illuminating the night was the dim, faraway moon.

And so, the boys voyaged to the destination of their first official date.