iv.

"Felix, I'm fine," Jisung assures, readjusting his mic before losing his conscious in the heat of the match.

"So you're just gonna text this number and then what? What's the endgame?"

Jisung hadn't thought that far ahead. His only goal was to check. Reassurance that it wasn't dangerous for anyone else, in a way.

"I hope you know," Felix comments, crunching on a chip, "that if you get yourself killed, I'm playing One Direction at your funeral."

"You wouldn't," Jisung gasps. Would his best friend really betray him like that? Exposing his guilty pleasure at his own funeral.

On second thought, he definitely would.

"It's not like they'll want to kill me," Jisung starts, pressing the triangle on his controller to incite the next match. "I'm too charming."

Felix cackles as if Jisung had just told him the funniest joke in the world. In a sick, twisted best friend kind of way, it was the funniest thing Felix had ever heard Jisung say.

"Ji, I love you but that's hilarious!" Felix exclaims.

Jisung felt his cheeks growing hot. He always walked into jokes that hurt his feelings and he was always the core of hurtful jokes whether he liked it or not. He would never admit it to his friends, but they hurt. And somehow, the desire for someone outside of his circle to understand him grew tremendously and despite what Felix or anyone else says, he was going to text that number.