𝘎𝘰𝘵 𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦? [024]

The two of them sat there with their backs resting on each other's. Steve was sketching the sunset, a beautiful horizon silhouetting the skyline of a busy city. Tony was just busy tapping away on his StarkPad, analyzing technology as usual. Occasionally, the genius would just be stretching widely and trying to grab whichever parts of Steve that he could get without having to turn around. Steve, on the other hand, would just smile and continued.

Sometimes they would talk about nothing and everything, from history to politics, to even the evolution of ice cream flavors. On other times, the sounds of tapping on glass screens and strokes of lead on paper just filled the air.

"I'm tired," Tony stretched for what seemed to be the twelfth time in an hour. "I need to rest."

The genius then turned around, pulled the sketchbook and pencil out of Steve's hands and rested his head on his lap. Steve chuckled and stretched his legs out so it was more comfortable for both of them.

Tony had his eyes closed and just snuggled in closer to Steve, burying his face into the blond man's stomach and inhaling his scent. Steve played idly with Tony's hair for a moment and then a thought popped up in his head.

"Tony?"

"Hmm," the reply came as grunt in his stomach.

Steve didn't continue and thought over how to bring the topic up. He had never been the kind to hesitate when giving instructions to the team. Everything is very clear cut and straight to the point. He just needed to give his orders and plans would fall into place. But when it comes to his personal issues and relationships, there were too many unclear variables to think of.

Tony looked up to see Steve dazed in thought and became curious, "What?"

"Oh no, I was just thinking," Steve admitted, running a hand through his hair.

"About?"

Steve sighed. He knew Tony wasn't going to leave the topic now that its been brought up.

"Us."

"What about us?" Tony immediately got up from his position, sitting so he could look at the blond man in the eye. If that single word had not caused his heart to jump out of his ribcage, he didn't know what did.

"I was just thinking," Steve started again, straightening his pants. "Would it affect our professional relationship? You know, the fact that there is an us. I just don't want it to meddle with the fact that we're a team."

"Why would it affect our professional relationship?" Tony furrowed his eyebrows. "We'll go out there, bust some bad guys' butts like a team. What would change? What could change? You think I'm gonna start obeying your orders now that we're dating?"

Steve scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Well, that would definitely not change."

Tony gave a smirk and shrugged nonchalantly as though he was right the whole time. Instead of resuming his spot on Steve's thigh, he turned and leant into Steve's chest instead.

"But would it affect the relationship the other way around, though?" Steve continued.

"I don't know about you but not to me," Tony replied, grabbing his StarkPad from the side and fiddling with it without actually turning it on. "It's always been like that in the team, hasn't it? I get pissed with so many people- no wait, Barton. Just Barton. And I'm still pissed with him. But that won't mean I'm not gonna work with him anymore. It's professionalism."

"Right," Steve nodded with a smile and then another thing popped up in his head. "Who's going to tell the team then?"

Tony froze, "About?"