Parks and Blood

Ryan's POV

"She won't answer." I groaned, "Well no shit. Do you really expect her to? I get you wanna talk to her Ry, but you need to give her time." Aaron told me. He woke me up to eat his famous hangover soup. Jonah refused to get up because of his headache, so it's just us right now. "I know, but, ugh." I ruffled my hair. He shook his head, "I gave you advice already, I suggested you follow it, but if you don't want to then whatever." He got up and put his bowl in the sink, "I'm gonna drag Jonah down here, you can do what you want. Just don't wake up my mom." I nodded. Aaron's parents divorced when he was young, his mom kept him when they moved and his dad kept his younger sister. She works two jobs to provide for him, and he has a part time job to help her. His dad pays for his school so he doesn't have to pay child support, and it makes him look like a better dad since SF academy is so expensive. Aaron's always been a momma's boy, it's kinda funny.

My phone started to ring, and out of excitement, I ran to pick it up without checking the caller id. "Where the hell have you been, Martín." I silently died, as I recognized the accent. "Hola mamá." I heard screaming in the background, and my mom telling the twins to be quiet. "You were supposed to come home last night, Ryan." "I know, mamá." I could hear her sigh, "Baby, I worry about you. You told me you would go to your friends, not spend the night. You could have at least sent a text." Something fell behind me making a loud noise. I turned to see a half asleep Jonah and struggling Aaron walking in the room. I sighed, "I know mamá. I'm sorry, I'm at Aaron's right now, I'll be home around noon. Okay?" I could hear her voice shake, "Okay, just be careful mi amor, por favor." I looked back at the boys, "Si mamá, te amo." She mumbled bye and hung up.

I got up and helped Aaron, "What your mom say?" Jonah asked. "She asked if you were dead yet." I answered. He stumbled to me and smacked my head. "Eat this you alcoholic." Jonah scoffed at Aaron's comment, but ate the soup. "Good morning boys, how was the party?" Mrs. Lakerr, walked in the kitchen, dressed in her work clothes. "It was fun, until Jonah found the big boy drinks." I joked, he looked up from his bowl, "Shut it Hart." He grumbled. She smacked my arm, "Leave him alone, Jonah's still a lightweight, it's not his fault." We started to laugh at the hungover boy while he glared at all of us. "This is why I never come over." He went back to eating. "I got to leave, be good, and clean after yourselves please." She kissed our heads and left. "I should head out too, mom's freaking out." They both nodded, "Be careful, try not to get lost." Aaron yelled. "Yea, Yea." I made sure I had all my stuff and I left.

I checked my phone and almost dropped it when I'd seen Domonique replied to me. Oh I love you Aaron. I opened it and read it over twice to make sure it was real. 'Meet me around sundown at the park by the school later.' It was a bad situation but personally I was happy she was willing to talk.

Domonique's POV

"So why'd you do that again?" Corina asked. We decided to get coffee at a cafe by Corina's house on our way to drop her off. "The faster I talk to him, the faster I can tell him to leave me alone." I sat back against my chair. "What's going on?" Julia came from getting her order and sat down, "Dee text Ryan to talk." Corina answered. Julia turned and gave me a weird look. "I thought you were done with him?" "Yea, but if I don't do this, he's gonna pester me the whole summer." She nodded in agreement. "If anything happens call us." She told me. "Okay, thanks." Both of them smiled at me and I tried to give them my best one back, but it was hard to find myself smiling with everything I was hit with.

I was running late, it was sundown already and I couldn't find my jacket. Ugh I hate myself. As soon as I found it, I ran to the park and stopped at some swings. The park was almost completely empty. A few kids were at the playground while their parents were on their phones at the benches. It was breezy and looked as if it was going to rain, so most of them left. I continued to wait, moving by a tree to lean on. I soon got tired of standing, so I sat down on a nearby bench and watched the cars go by.

I waited for Ryan for about two hours, until it was completely dark out. First you wanna play me, then stand me up. And he wonders why I'm mad. I decided to leave. Once I hit the crosswalk I heard shouting, "Dee!" I turned and looked around me, "Domonique." I continued to look, when I saw a figure running towards me. I walked closer and saw Jonah. He looked panicked and scared. He stopped in front of me, trying to catch his breath. I freaked out when I saw blood on his hands. "What the hell happened to you?!" I grabbed his hands and examined them, "Not my blood. Need Help." He was panting hard. "Show me." He nodded and took a deep breath before jogging back in the direction he came from.

"Here." He pointed to three boys who were sitting in a truck bed. I jumped in the bed. All three boys looked at me with relieved faces. Aaron and Ryan were on both sides of a messed up Leo. They had a couple bruises but his wounds were on a different level to them. "Thank god you're here." Aaron said. He held a bloodied cloth on Leo's arm, "What happened?" "We got in a fight." Leo answered in a whisper. He looked extremely pale, making me more worried. I turned my attention to Ryan. He sat there with a pained expression, looking down. "Jonah, can you drive us to my place?" He climbed off the bed and got in the actual truck.

He drove to my apartment complex and they all helped each other get the hurt boy from Aaron's truck to my flat. I quickly opened the door and hurried them in. "Leo, come to the bathroom." He nodded and Jonah helped him to the bathroom. "You two stay here, please don't dirty the place too much." They both told me to go and help their younger member.