New Sacrifice

Week 43

          After weeks of constant training between the boys and I, it was finally time for the fights to start. It was two weeks before Christmas and apparently the best time to go out and fight, as everyone's parents were too busy shopping to care about their child doing illegal crap.

          "So you ready to go?" I was currently sitting in the front seat of Ryan's silver Lexus, all my stuff packed in his car for the break. Since all my family was busy (with hero stuff), his parents invited me to stay over. "Yeah, I think I have everything." He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers, "Cool, then let's hit the road." The ride was very short and we could've walked, if I didn't have my bags. He parked the car in front of the house and turned it off, turning to me right after he pulled the keys out of the ignition.

          "Angel," "What?" He leaned forwards and gave me a kiss. He cupped my cheeks and moved his hands to run through my hair. He had moved away first, but kept out foreheads touching, his lips ghosting mine. "I love you." "So I've heard." He smiled, "Would you be willing to date me Domonique? I know I fucked up before but I really don't wanna let you go." I acted on impulse and kissed him on excitement, "Yes." We stayed in the car for a very long time, until the porch lights came on and we had to get out. As we were unpacking my bags, Ryan decided it was time to give me the same speech that he has been saying for the past month. "I know that tomorrow the fights start, but I want you to know that you can back out anytime, you know as long as it's before we get there." "Ry, I'm doing it." He sighed, and started walking inside with my stuff. I stood out in the cold before following.

          Before walking through the door I turned back and scanned his street, it was a habit I gained since I started a feeling of being watched; Everywhere I go I'm never at ease. I looked back once more then walked in shutting the door behind me.

          I took a deep breath before getting out of the car. Today was the day the territorial wars began and I was terrified. I've never really done anything illegal and from what I do know, THIS is very illegal. Max came up and gave me a water bottle, "How are you feeling?" I looked at the warehouse in front of me and sighed, "Not good." "You'll be fine Dee, beside you should only get one fight, and from what the rumors say, Saints high has a crappy Queen so it's not like it's much of a fight." I felt like puking, "What about you guys? half of you aren't even dressed."

          His eyes opened a bit, "Oh no, most of us don't really fight in the wars, rules are you can only have 6 fighters, the rest of us train with them in case we have to take over or something." "So you train for no reason, "Yes and no." He walked away after. "Angel." I turned and saw Ryan held his hand out for me as he signaled for me to walk in the building with him. Reluctantly I walked towards him, God what the hell did I get myself into?

          I could've sworn that the outside looked sketchy but holy shit was I wrong, inside the building looked like it was about to fall apart. There were people left and right selling drugs and alcohol, only one vendor actually selling food. Ryan held my hand tighter and pulled me a bit to stay with our group.

          We stayed in a spot near the entrance until Jonah popped up next to me with a paper, "They have us on the East side next to Ridge Wood, and Leo your up first." "Who do I have?" Jonah gave him the paper and started talking with Ryan. I took the chance and let go of Ryan hand to look at the paper with the younger. "Where am I?" He put his finger on my name which was about halfway down the paper. "Wait that's not right." I was confused by what he meant and wanted to ask him but he pushed me away and walked to Ryan and Jonah. "Dee is on for 3 straight, they can't do that. It'll overwork her." Both elders grabbed the paper from him and scowled at it. "I'll go talk to Rodriguez about it."