End of Summer

"You almost finished packing Dee?" Vic shouted from outside my door. "Yea, Give me a minute. I need to grab the last of my stuff." "Okay, but we have some time still, so don't worry." I Looked around my room and rushed to grab the stuff I missed.

It was the end of summer and four days before school started again, which meant back to the academy and my tiny apartment. I spent most of my time learning how to be a better fighter and how to help the titans out through a computer. Tim taught me the easiest ways to hack and some of his special techniques. And when I wasn't dying in the fighting rink, I was hanging out with the team. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Though I hated it at first, it gradually got better. That was until I found out that the man who attacked me, worked for a man who was presumed to be my birth father. The man sent a message to my dad and he sent it to Vic. The video included evidence about my past and after seeing it I demanded to know more. My dad had to come and explain everything to me. But that's a story for another time.

"Okay done." I said to myself as I opened the door and ran to the elevator to head downstairs. "I'm gonna miss you." Bart clung to me, "You're fine you leech." Connor pulled him off and smiled at me, "Hope school's fun, or as fun as it can be." "You too Connor." I hugged each of them and walked to Raven, She nodded and opened a portal leading to my apartment. "Bye guys, I'll see you all soon." They each said bye and I walked through the portal. I looked behind me and waved bye once more before it closed. When it did, I was left alone in my dark, dusty place. "Welcome home Dee." I told myself, already missing my room at the tower.

I unpack and place all my stuff back, finishing with a very tired sigh. I didn't want to tell anyone I was back so I wouldn't have to deal with being annoyed. I'd rather show up to school and stall until the bell rang, at least then I'd have an excuse to leave.

I sat down and started to flip through the TV channels. I stopped at the news. Who was covering a current robbery the titans were dealing with. Getting up to grab chips, my phone buzzed, forcing me to walk back to the couch. Instagram popped up on the screen. Your friend Kristas_da_oneone post for the first time in a while. A new post from Krista, some popular girl at school, In big bold letters told everyone about a back to school party tomorrow. It said that the party was meant for every upperclassmen this year. Yikes, no.

Many people replied to the message saying how "Lit" they were gonna get, the one that caught my eye was Corina's. 'I'm waiting for Dee to get back in town before I party again. Can't go without my Bestie.' I smiled and scrolled to look at the responses. 'When does she even get back?' 'I thought she moved permanently?' 'You won't even come for a bit?' I stopped for a while to see other people that were asking about me. Come on Dee, Be your age for once. I took a couple of minutes to think before sending a reply I would soon regret. I pressed send and set my phone down, putting it on silent so I wouldn't be bothered by the responses.

Day of the party

Tuesday seemed like it was an awkward day to have a party but Krista really wanted it to be as close to the beginning of school as possible, but not the day before because of hangovers. She was the third richest girl on campus and she always made sure everyone knew she had money. With her famous parents out of town, she was left with freedom to do anything. And pointless parties were what she chose to do.

It was around noon that I decided to look for an outfit to wear, when my door started to be knocked on like crazy. I opened the door and was attacked by two people. "I can't believe you're back. Why didn't you call me. Do I need to give you a best friend's handbook?" "We missed you Dee." We all pulled away and laughed at Corina's rambling. I looked at the cousins. "I was only gone for two months, and when you find out I'm back you decide to ambush me in my home?" Julia put an arm around my neck and messed my hair up, "Damn straight we did." "Okay now the real reason we're here." Corina clasped her hands together, "You need an outfit for the party, to show off the angel that's back." It's like the girl read my mind. "Yea no I got work. I just came to say hi." Julia told us, She hugged me once more and headed out. "Be safe, Jules." "Okay. Bye."

That just left Corina and I. She had a psychotic smile and dragged me to my closet. "So I know for a fact you hate parties especially after the last one, why'd you choose to go to this one. I mean I'm happy you are but..." Her voice trailed off, as she looked through my clothes. "After the summer I had, I want to be able to be free for a night. New Year, New me right?" She nodded but still didn't look away from the shirts. "You have nothing good in here. We need to go shopping." I was offended, "I have good style." She shook her head, "No I meant you need new clothes to show off. Something that will put you in the spotlight." She made a grand gesture, "I don't like this already." She grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door. "Trust me. On this."

After shopping for a couple hours, which was mostly Corina and I fighting about me wearing a skirt, we finished and went to my house to get ready. "So do you think Ryan's gonna be there?" Corina paused, "Maybe, he always is. Why? I thought you cut him off." I gripped the curler a bit harder, "It's complicated." She put her blending brush down, "You'll be fine. If you do see him, show off. If he hadn't made that deal he would be with you but he's not. So show him what he's missing." I looked up at her, "You want me to be petty?" She chuckled, "Yes I do. It makes boys feel worse if you show them you're happy without them." I rolled my eyes, "Finish getting ready you dork." She happily obligated.

"Oh I have something to tell you." "What is it?" "What is what?" "Stop stalling." "Okay, Okay I might be dating someone." I nearly dropped the curling iron. "Who?" She smiled, "I don't kiss and tell." "No fair you can't say something and leave it like that. Who? "Well since you begged. Jonah." I screamed, "No way. Seriously?" she nodded her head like crazy. "He asked me out on Fourth of July. "Details." "I ran into him at a convenience store where he works. I started going there more often until we started to talk." I could see stars in her eyes. "Well if the boy hurts you he knows what I'm capable of." She scoffed, "Everyone knows what you're capable of. Half the school is scared of you. The bad half of them though so I guess that's good." I rolled my eyes. I'm pretty sure she's exaggerating, but then again I beat Talia and Marcus without being in trouble. "Okay I'm done. I'm gonna grab something to eat real quick, want anything?" I asked her, after hair spraying the last bit of hair in place. "No I'm good." I shrugged and went to the kitchen. I made myself an avocado sandwich and chips, enjoying my food before Corina came out. "Okay we're forty minutes late perfect, can we stop at the store on our way there?" "Yea why though?" "I need to get silly string." "Okay?" She shook her head and pulled me out of the apartment, letting me lock the door.

The party was already going, and from down the street we could hear the music. My stomach had butterflies before we went in. Corina opened the door and the smoke came at us. "Okay, I'm gonna get a drink wanna come?" I nodded, "The first thing you would do is get a drink." She interlocked our hands so we wouldn't separate and headed towards the kitchen. We managed to get through the crowd unharmed. She's way too experienced in this. We ended"Hi Rover. Can I have your hardest tonight, and one hippie juice ." "Anything for my best customer." We stood at the counter and waited. "Pegs are probably outside, but the good drinks are in here. Rover makes the best mixes." "What's hippie juice?" I asked, I wasn't exactly good in this area of knowledge. She cooed and pinched my cheek. "I always forget you're the most innocent of my friends. It's Pink lemonade, Watermelon vodka, Malibu rum and triple sec. It's really good" Rover came back and gave us our drinks. "This is why I love Krista, She'll go all out with her parties. Like the whole bar thing." She sipped her drink and made a satisfied face then drank more. "That taste good." I looked at my pink ombre drink. You came to let loose so do it. I sipped my drink and to my surprise it was good.

"Hey, they told me you came. Glad I found you." Jonah came and kissed her, He looked at me with wide eyes. "Oh hi Dee, I didn't know you were back." He said very awkwardly. I guess Ryan told him what I said. Jonah gave me a small hug but pulled away fast. "Can I steal her for a bit?" He referred to my date, "She's your girlfriend. You don't have to ask me." "Well yeah but she's your best friend." I nodded and shooed them away. I stayed at the same stop for a while, getting a drink after drink, I even went to the stronger stuff. I eventually needed air so I left somewhere without people. 

I'm thinking of writing a separate short story about Domonique's background... mainly cause i feel like its a really big part of the character. I would do it here but I'm trying to make this story focus on Domonique and Ryan's relationship.