Mariá - Lost in Havana

3 days has passed and I can't still get him off my mind.

Could it be him? If it was him then why would he be back?? Is he here?? If he is then what is he doing here?. For sure it wasn't for me..~~

"Maria hija?! Daydreaming at work again?" Tiá Eleanora interrupted my thoughts... and she gave me a smile..

"...Tiá... i just can't seem to get him off my mind...remember my ex Riley?... ugh its been days...and.. and you know whats worst.." i explained to her with the biggest expression.

"...I think I saw him in the club....? I could be totally wrong but...i just don't get why? I mean why return right?? You get me Tiá Eleanora right?? Its just soo weird--" before i even finished she shut me off with her finger on my lips...

" Maria... i know what your feeling right now....your confuse...excited.." what excited?! I'm not excited I'm totally chill i said inside my head probably making an expression

" ...oh! you are Maria... its written all over your face...listen he left you without a word...least you can do is live your life and stop obsessing over him... he could be here somewhere but then why isn't he looking for you... you said he knows where you live...then why didn't he go there to look for you first?"

The truth hit me harder than i expected Tia was right... why am I getting excited over the thought of him returning? I'm so stupid..

" I didn't mean to hurt you honey but I just want you to live a little... come on...maria! Youre in Havana!... don't waste your time waiting for a boy that left 2 years ago...he's not worth it...instead learn from that experience..you are so beautiful maria...if you just know how many boys eat here just to see you....take Julio for example he's been trying to get your attention for months now and until now you haven't given him a chance..." I looked at Julio's direction. And shyly smiled as I caught him staring.

 And shyly smiled as I caught him staring

I sighed. I guess a little date won't kill right... i walked at his direction. I can see the surprised look on his face....

"Hi Julio...mind if I take a sit?" I asked

"....ahh..I mean.. yeah.. *clears his throat .. I mean ofcourse" he looks so nervous but then tried to played it cool..

"..so do you have anything to ask me??" I said straightforward not wanting to make him wait..

I can see his reaction brighten as I open up the topic.

"...oh!! Sorry....*breaths in deeply* do you.. wanna go...out??...I mean... sorry! ..date?...wait that sounded wrong..let me do it again--" i laughed at how cute he looked....

He looked so embarrassed and tried to hide his face...

"Urgh... you don't have to say yes.. i probably looked so lame right now.... you should go with someone else someone much cooler than me..--" i cut him then said

" your cute Julio and I would love to have a date with you.." I said.. Julio seemed like a good and funny person...

He was so shocked at his expression when I said yes.... the way his face lit up just straight up look so adorable...

We talk for a bit then he said he need to go somewhere...

I can see Tiá from a far giving me a thumbs up..

"See it wasn't that bad right?" She said.

"Yeah he seemed like a good person" i replied...

Honestly if it weren't for Tiá I would not handle things this way. I am still lucky to at least have her here with me. She had become my mother figure since mom left. For months she seen me with way worst and never did once she judged me instead she hugged me tight and whispered comforting things. She understand me. And since she doesn't have any kids she kind of treated me as her own... and I too had treated her as if she is my mom. I tell her everything about me. And she did too to me... she told me about her son that was stolen when right before she even had a chance to see him... it made me feel like in someway I'm still lucky she made me feel safe.
I respect her with all that I am.

It was about 5:00 I'm wearing a black dress that looked a bit too extra for a first day but I don't feel like changing.. i waited for Julio. He'll be here in a sec. And as I was waiting I heard a knock on the door.

I opened it up and I saw him. He was wearing a white shirt and a denim pants. Would not lie he made it look so effortless but still look very hot. Julio is a good looking guy and sweet... but I can't feel anything when I'm with him.

We went to so many places. We ate, danced talked..and in the end I told him that he is nice ..that it will be much better if were just friends and he took it very well he apologized and accepted it like a man....

"...but maria if you need a friend you know who to call..." he made a call sign and I laughed. The date went even better...it was a good friendly date..

"..can I excuse myself i think I drink too much.." he then pointed the restroom and I laughed he's a funny person and not once I felt awkward with him..

I was left in the corner talking to some girls that Julio and I just met. I accidentally got distracted...from a distance I see a man playing a guitar and singing... with eyes focusing to me..I couldn't breath.. what's going on?.

He then proceeded in my direction

Every step was intoxicating. He's luring me to come with him...I didn't even notice how my body feel right in his arms. All I can remember is his warmth. His smell. His eyes. His voice....
My hands are the only barrier between both our bodies. It was like a magnet.... I can feel the gravity between us it was so intense that I almost forgot that I was with somebody... until Julio called my name...

"Uhm... maria?" He called...

Right there and then I snap back in reality.
Shit what was that?! For the first time....in my life I got nothing to say..... I've never felt anything like this my whole life... not even with Riley and I'm pretty sure I was in love with him but this... this feels... different.

********************************************

Vote and Share if you like it!!🖤