Chapter 2

Later on, Leo went to get ready for bed since he had school the next day. A few minutes later he saw a hooded figure in his dreams. When he looked around, they were on top of a mountain. With him on the edge, the hooded figure walked forward. Leo took a step back and fell into scorching hot flames. With a gasp, he woke up. He found himself breathing hard and sweating, and then he went to wash his face. When he came out, the clock on his bedside read 1:00 A.M. Leo sighed and went back to bed.

~~~

Later that morning, everyone was at school and Emma spotted Leo and Scarlett and quickly ran over to them. "I was looking everywhere for you guys!" Emma yelled. "What? Why?" Leo questioned. "The mark on my hand was glowing and all of a sudden I fell from the school and woke up from my dream." "Hey, I had a weird dream that I fell in the water and then I woke up at about 1:00 in the morning," Scarlett said. "I think this has something to do with our marks," Leo said unconfidently. "Okay let's skip class and go to the hiking trail and check it out," Emma said. "What?! We can't skip class, my parents are going to kill me!" Scarlett exclaimed. "Well, I think this is more important right now since there is a glowing mark on my hand!" Leo yelled. "Okay, we can check it out." Scarlett agreed. On the hiking trail, they chose the left path instead of the right. "Hey guys, there's a cave over here," Emma said. "Cool, let's go check it out." Emma and Scarlett nodded. As they look inside, their marks glowed and a trail appeared. The three followed it which led to a dead end.

~~~

They were confused until something started glowing in the walls. All of a sudden they saw three stones with their same mark on their hands. "Should we touch it?" Scarlett questioned. " I mean we got nothing to lose so why not?" Leo said confidently. They touched it and all of a sudden had a flashback of their ancestors protecting the three stoned shaped items. That was when they realized that they are descendants from The Crusaders and were meant to protect these items which they now know as artifacts.

To be continued...