Chapter 5

They were thinking of what to do when Scarlett thought about a plan. "Maybe we should find a way to end this once and for all," Scarlett suggested. "Alright, but what should we do?" Leo questioned. "We can find a way to trap them and maybe send them back to the Dark Realm using the artifacts," Emma said with confidence in her voice. "That sounds like a possibility." Scarlett agreed. "I just want to end this and go home to my family. I haven't seen them in a while," Leo said sadly. "Yeah me too," Scarlett said. "Me three," Emma agreed "Okay so we know that they're going to catch up so maybe we could use our abilities to keep them busy while we open a portal to send the Avalons back from where they came from," Leo said. "Sounds like a plan now all we have to do is wait," Emma said. As if on curfew, the window next to them shattered and an Avalon saw them. It glared at them and hopped through the window. The three backed up and got ready to fight.

~~~

Leo waved his hands and fire appeared. He threw it at the Avalon. The Avalon's eyes widened as the flame engulfed it. Leo smirked and once again conjured a ball of fire to burn through the door. "Let's go fight some Avalons!" Leo shouted. The two girls looked at each other and shrugged. "Alright!" They shouted. The three then ran into the building. The Avalons looked at them surprised. With that in mind, Emma was able to push them to the ground using her wind power. The Avalons grunted as they fell. One managed to creep behind Emma and was about to strike her when Scarlett conjured a water dragon to hit it back. Scarlett smirked knowing that she just saved Emma's life and using her water power to knock the Avalon back. Later the other Avalons started getting back on their feet to fight back. The three went back to back ready to take them on. As they fought, the Avalons were slowly losing the battle. "Leo, Emma! You guys hold them off. I'll try to start the portal." Scarlett yelled while Leo and Emma kept fighting. Leo and Emma nodded and continued to hold them off while Scarlett was using Emma's eagle artifact to open the portal. That was until Scarlett was jumped by one of the Avalons and was knocked to the ground. "Scarlett!" Emma yelled and ran to defend her. Scarlett groaned and got back to her feet thanking Emma for helping her. "I guess that makes us even then, huh Scarlett?" Emma said with a smile on her face. Scarlett continued and the portal opened up. They quickly got a hold of the Avalons and pushed the remaining back into the portal before it closed up. The three then dropped to the floor exhausted. "W-we did it!" Leo panted as he pumped his fist up. "Yeah. Y-yeah we did." Emma agreed. "I can't believe it!" Scarlett finished. "I know what we should do from now on." Emma started. "Yeah, we should continue fighting them, our job isn't done just yet." Scarlett agreed. "We should continue to be The Crusaders! Like our ancestors once did." Leo said. Emma and Scarlett agreed. "For now, this is the start of our long journey to protect the Mortal Realm. Crusaders. I like it." Scarlett spoke. "Let's rest and tomorrow we can continue," Emma said tiredly from the battle. That is how the new Crusaders started their journey and continues to till this day. 

To be continued...